All the colours of the rainbow *ebike warning*

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2024 Update Time

Have done 3500km on it now. Had a huge crash end of 2023 and was struggling to walk and confidence on the bike has been pretty low and so not many km last year. Also moved to Sunshine Coast and miss the range and difficulty of trails and different riding areas of Brisbane.
  1. Upgraded to Zeb Ultimates in 2023 because I got them slightly damaged new stock cheap (wear mark on the crown).
  2. Changed to ESI chunky's, tore them like usual, went back to the ergons. Don't think I will ever get Chunkys again, just too tearable.
  3. Might change the rear coil out for something a bit stiffer and weight approriate.
  4. Tried out the old super deluxe megneg again. Prefer the coil.
  5. The rear AXS derailleur was bent in the crash. I tried everything else to fix it and could get it close but not perfect. Didn't want to buy a new one so just put up with the roughness for the year and weighed up changing to something different. Just installed a new one though for Christmas and it is so nice having it all smooth again. The old one would have been workable still if SRAM just allowed microtuning for each gear.
  6. Seat was squeaking like crazy. Put some dry lube in there so good for now. Have seen some people put epoxy in there to stop it though...
  7. Swapped from a 170 to a 150mm dropper to get more insertion and move the seat out of the way. The new post though is a KS Rage but it's so slow to come back up compared to the previous one. I want one that's trying to eject me off the bike.

Bike 2024.jpg