Allen Keys

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Apparently the Plus version of their hex keys is the bee knees.
Was looking into them the other day and saw their patent.
Likely my next purchase
€23 - https://www.bike-components.de/en/Wera/Hex-Plus-SPKL-L-Key-Set-with-Holding-Function-p57630/

That's a fancy little ball bearing retainer on the ball-end.

If you would like to place that order today, we have a half full plane on the tarmac at Frankfurt airport revving its engine, waiting on some more packages for Australia before it leaves.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
have been using bunnings spec Bondhus Allen keys for years, they actually fit the bolt heads properly. I made the mistake of buying a Kinchome torx set, green ones with shiny coating on the torx ends. Don't even come close to being a nice fit, not really sure why I havent thrown them in the bin yet to be honest...

Ackland

chats d'élevage
have been using bunnings spec Bondhus Allen keys for years, they actually fit the bolt heads properly. I made the mistake of buying a Kinchome torx set, green ones with shiny coating on the torx ends. Don't even come close to being a nice fit, not really sure why I havent thrown them in the bin yet to be honest...
My Kingchrome Torx t25 snapped the tip off just undoing rotor bolts - I think that kinchrome is cheaply made these days

link1896

Mr Greenfield
If you’ve ever been to the kincrome factory outlet here in Melbourne, you’d have a feeling for their QC.

Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I bought these, pretty well priced I reckon.

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

ausdb

Being who he is
So I'm not the only one!
Just did the same on the weekend with a set of Kinchrome folding torx keys. In their defence they were the hollow security torx keys and the rotor bolts were a bit rusty from the bike being left out in the rain. I normally use 1/4 drive bits in a little ratchet but was in a rush and couldn't find them.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
My Kingchrome Torx t25 snapped the tip off just undoing rotor bolts - I think that kinchrome is cheaply made these days
I've shattered the tips off several different brands' T25s, and twisted countless T10s (used for SRAM/Avid brake bleed plugs). There are some merits to the design, but I don't think the Torx concept is everything it's .... er.... cracked up to be.

moorey

call me Mia
I've shattered the tips off several different brands' T25s, and twisted countless T10s (used for SRAM/Avid brake bleed plugs). There are some merits to the design, but I don't think the Torx concept is everything it's .... er.... cracked up to be.
Strong agree.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
In the small sizes we tend to put more torque on the fasteners than needed. Anything would round out. Torx, Allen key, phillips, etc. I have killed my fair share of rotor bolts over the years. Have had to drill a few out. So far once the head is gone they have come out ok with vice grips after the rotor has been removed. Thankfully. I also have them on lathe tools and have to consciously remember not to tighten the living crap out of the screws.

Biggest thing with torx or Allen heads is to make sure there is full engagement of the tool in the head and dont use the ball end for anything other than running the screw in, no tightening torque.

If you buy dodgy poorly toleranced Allen keys they WILL kill your screws.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Unior is pretty good quality

use them everyday. T-handles are sweet ... The 12mm is nice as a plastic hammer as well to tap stuff out.

I didn’t understand above ... the rescue keys boggle my mind a bit ... just can’t get my head around how they work, but work they do. I tend to use them on the small cable clamp barrels people like to munt and send to me. I just have to reuse them

Ackland

chats d'élevage

use them everyday. T-handles are sweet ... The 12mm is nice as a plastic hammer as well to tap stuff out.

I didn’t understand above ... the rescue keys boggle my mind a bit ... just can’t get my head around how they work, but work they do. I tend to use them on the small cable clamp barrels people like to munt and send to me. I just have to reuse them
Are you still bringing Unior in?
I grabbed some direct (headset press, spoke keys) when you first got them in but haven't seen them around the traps since

Flow-Rider

Burner

Unior is the best shit ever, just the F1 prices scare me.