Alpine

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Picked up an alpine 6 to replace the 26” version that I had been using for the last 4 years.

Orange alpine 6
Fox coil
DVO Onyx 170
Shimano XTR brakes, shifter, xt derailleur and cranks
Burgtec pedals
Sram 1180 cassette, xx1chain and Specialized Mini chainguide
Bontrager boost 148 wheels, Michelin tyres. Thanks @kten
Renthal cockpit and works 1’ headset
Bike yoke post and SDG Belair saddle

Happy enough with it so far. It’s quite long compared to the old one. But I’m sure I’ll get used to it.
Internal cables are the shittest thing since boost. I had that on the 2002 222 ffs.

moorey

call me Mia
Yep

I don’t think it’s boat anchor worthy but it’d have to be sub 16. It still needs some tyres with a proper sidewall though.
Dang. Hate you. Swap you for a Mii?

I think you will be surprised at how light it ends up.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Took it for the first proper ride today. The wheelbase is 1230 so it felt a bit boat like at first.
Rode pretty quick though. Still blows through the last 1/4 of travel like a standard orange.
The Bontrager wheels are a bit too flexy. I think they’ll need to be swapped out for a set of 32hole wheels. Hits the dirt jumps good though.

moorey

call me Mia
Took it for the first proper ride today. The wheelbase is 1230 so it felt a bit boat like at first.
Rode pretty quick though. Still blows through the last 1/4 of travel like a standard orange.
The Bontrager wheels are a bit too flexy. I think they’ll need to be swapped out for a set of 32hole wheels. Hits the dirt jumps good though.

They like a more basic shock. Brett’s 2018 went through 4 high end coil and air shocks, none felt right, until he banged on a tuned Float X, and it works.
I’m running same on my Five. The CCDBA and monarch plus debonair didn’t suit.

D

Deleted member FN2187

You really should try riding a bike from the 21st century Lee. They've really improved quite a lot. :p JK that looks rad man.
I was going to ask if you'd flipped it yet but you beat me to it.