Alternate tracks

schmackster

NSWMTB, Manly Warringah MTB
Due to issues with Arcadia we are going to be in need of a new track real soon. The suggestions so far are:

Red Hill
Belrose (Land surrounding electricity substation at the end of Ralston Ave, Belrose)
Proposed recreation park on the site of current Belrose tip.
St Ives Showground
Western Sydney Regional Park
Del Rio

Comments/suggestions.

phantombdb

Likes Dirt
Mwmtb Xc/dh

Lets get together and nut this out
Venue and Time???
Belrose tip would be great if it is an option
At least it would be local to Manly Warringah

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
A meeting is a very good idea. I'm away this week until Sat (back for the race), so next Thursday would be fine or decide a day/time at the race and tell as many riders at the event about the situation and the need to communicate to councils the need for a local facility.

Once we have a strategy in place I'll try and drum up some media coverage in the Manly Daily and Hornsby Advocate.

Joe.

Cuthbert

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys,

Exploring the option of new trails on Council land in the Belrose area would be a good first step. I was planning to organise a meeting with Council to discuss what options might be available for the DH/freeride set, and was waiting to hear back from Paul who was planning a chat with Nicole to sound out Council's perspective. However, since Nicole has moved on from her position as far as I'm aware we need to find out who the new 'best person to speak to' is? If someone knows the appropriate Council contact please let us know...

I recently did a bit of research into the Nat Park boundaries & found some decent maps (fire control maps I think, will dig them out in the next couple of days) showing the Garigal boundaries and areas of 'sensitive' vegetation outside the park. It seems there is actually a considerable amount of land in the Belrose area that is not Nat Park other than the tip site and these areas could be explored as possible trail venues.....

As a start I'd recommend an introductory meeting with Warringah Council to put our case forward. I'd be happy to take the running with this and speak on behalf of all disciplines. Following an initial meeting to 'sound out' Council and confirm what non Nat Parks land is in fact Crown Land vs private title we could inspect possible venues and develop a more detailed proposal to put to Council

Dave Yonge

Last edited:

schmackster

NSWMTB, Manly Warringah MTB
First step is to identify the most suitable bits of land, come up with a basic proposal which we can then put forward to the council. Any change of bringing those maps along to the meeting that we are planning?