Alternatives to Five Tens in large sizes

Binaural

Eats Squid
I just bought some size 48.5 Five Ten shoes but they're still too small unfortunately and they don't make anything larger. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for high-grip shoes in large sizes? At a pinch I could use some skate shoes, but I'd really like something with a bit more holding power for holding flats.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I just bought some size 48.5 Five Ten shoes but they're still too small unfortunately and they don't make anything larger. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for high-grip shoes in large sizes? At a pinch I could use some skate shoes, but I'd really like something with a bit more holding power for holding flats.
They go up to 49.5 (US 15) as far as I can tell? Any bigger than that and maybe you should start looking at Bridgestone Potenza 245-40-17 tyres and gluing them to your current shoes? Awesome grip on my car anyway! :pound:

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
maybe you should start looking at Bridgestone Potenza 245-40-17 tyres and gluing them to your current shoes? Awesome grip on my car anyway! :pound:
Five Ten do actually make stealth rubber kits for soling other shoes.

Binaural

Eats Squid
They go up to 49.5 (US 15) as far as I can tell? Any bigger than that and maybe you should start looking at Bridgestone Potenza 245-40-17 tyres and gluing them to your current shoes? Awesome grip on my car anyway! :pound:
Their website shows that as an option, but all the shoes go up to size 14 only when you click on the individual pages (their marketing droids confirmed this to me as well).

Those resole kits sound like they might be the go - I have some existing shoes I could butcher to make these up. Thanks for the suggestion!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Their website shows that as an option, but all the shoes go up to size 14 only when you click on the individual pages (their marketing droids confirmed this to me as well).

Those resole kits sound like they might be the go - I have some existing shoes I could butcher to make these up. Thanks for the suggestion!
That sucks. If they say they got to 49.5 they should.

sundy

Likes Dirt
Specialized 2FO apparently go up to size 50.
I switched to 2FO from five tens and have been very happy with them.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Specialized 2FO apparently go up to size 50.
I switched to 2FO from five tens and have been very happy with them.
Confirmed from their tech support people that they only make up to size 49. Too small for me still unfortunately.

Still waiting on the reply from Five Ten about the Aquastealth kits. Meanwhile I am googling how to remove the sole from an existing shoe without trashing the foam :)