AM/DH Rear Shock

Faeros

Likes Bikes
Hey all,

I have a 2010 Marin Attack Trail 6.7 with a rear shock Monarch 3.3 that is 152x31mm.

I recently destroyed this shock (it's been on it's way out for a long time) and am looking for something new. I actually enjoy riding mostly DH tracks so am trying to find a rear shock in that size that is a bit more burly compared to the mostly XC offerings I have found.

So basically, does anyone have suggestions for shocks that are more suited to hard terrain, big jumps, drops etc etc. I don't care what year a shock is or the brand OR air/coil. Just fire away.

Thanks all.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I clicked on your thread to say ccba is the only option...but I don't think they come that small. I've been running air shocks on all my bikes for years and they all do dh tracks. I have been haply with fox rp23, rs monarch, marzocchi Rocco air, and have just started using a fox float ctd. All offer different performance levels.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I'm currently running a Fox DHX 5 air which is performing well. Not sure if they were made in that size though.

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
6x1.25 is a tiny shock, your measurement is wrong, there is no way that shock is on a trail attack (unless its been fitted aftermarket which would have been a shit idea)

Did some research it should be 7.875x 2.25 for a 2010 trail attack, which you can get a CCDB air/FloatX/Monach Plus etc but Im not sure if the trail attacks linkage allows the piggy back?

depending on budget there are heaps of choices

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
6x1.25 is a tiny shock, your measurement is wrong, there is no way that shock is on a trail attack (unless its been fitted aftermarket which would have been a shit idea)

Did some research it should be 7.875x 2.25 for a 2010 trail attack, which you can get a CCDB air/FloatX/Monach Plus etc but Im not sure if the trail attacks linkage allows the piggy back?

depending on budget there are heaps of choices
7.875 seems to be the length, but from what I've read, there is some debate whether its 2 or 2.25 stroke.

Piggyback seems to work fine, but coil seems to be an issue.

There are a number of shocks in the trading area that will fit.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If it's 2.25, I have an rp23 that will work. Tuned and serviced by merc-blue himself...