AM Helmet

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
I ride with a Fox Flux, but have thought about getting an Urge Archi Enduro for the aggressive days. It's a light weight breathable full face helmet. They are just too exxy though.

niki125

Likes Dirt
Lazer Oazis. With the rollsys system that Lazer use i find it very hard to consider any other helmet. So comfy!!

madstace

Likes Dirt
Lazer Oazis. With the rollsys system that Lazer use i find it very hard to consider any other helmet. So comfy!!
Just goes to show how individual helmet fit is and how important it is to try on a helmet before buying. I tried the Oazis on and found it really uncomfortable. I've currently got the Flux and it's easily the most comfortable helmet I've had. I would have like to tried on the Giro Xar but couldn't find it locally (Newcastle).

661 Recon

Just picked up a 2012 one for $110, had it's first ride at Wombat on Saturday, loved it, pretty light and breathable with good protection.

outlaw_inferno

Likes Bikes
large_661recon.jpg
This bad boy. This design really appealed to me for some reason. Yes, it's f**king loud, but I like it.
Great helmet too, the 661 recommended sizing was spot on.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Urge Endur-o-matic

was a bit worried it was going to be hot but the cooling works so well! Much nicer than the giro hex i had (and that was a nice helmet!)

mason33

Likes Dirt
I have the Fox flux and I find that the rear straps are not restrained and twist around, which can be a bit a bit irritating when I just want to ride and the rear fins are a bit unnecessary and show offish. My brother has the 661 (recon??) helmet that looks very similar to the flux and it seems to be perfect. No other issues with the Fox Flux though, I'm just a little picky.

If I had to buy again I'd go the 661 over the flux.

struggles

Likes Dirt
I have the Fox flux and I find that the rear straps are not restrained and twist around, which can be a bit a bit irritating when I just want to ride and the rear fins are a bit unnecessary and show offish. My brother has the 661 (recon??) helmet that looks very similar to the flux and it seems to be perfect. No other issues with the Fox Flux though, I'm just a little picky.

If I had to buy again I'd go the 661 over the flux.
Do a search for fox flux and there is a simple fix for the straps. Makes it 100% better.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Did the Urge have any Australian Standard stickers or pass on it?
Dont think so. I got it when i was back in the UK last month. Ill have to see.

Actually thats a good point...will i be allowed to use it at bike buller? does anybody have any info? Will suck if i have to hire/borrow a helmet for it.

What would international visiting cyclists do anyway?...