AM Helmet

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Dont think so. I got it when i was back in the UK last month. Ill have to see.

Actually thats a good point...will i be allowed to use it at bike buller? does anybody have any info? Will suck if i have to hire/borrow a helmet for it.

What would international visiting cyclists do anyway?...
Just answered my own question...for anybody thats interested it says

All competitors must wear a certified bike helmet at ALL times.

No mention of AS standards, its just got to be 'certified'.....

aanon

Likes Dirt
Just went to the Specialized store and got a Specialized Tactic, is it any good? no fu#king idea but it fitted ok, so sorted.
Helmets dont seem to last too long so as much as a bling $$$$ helmet would be nice i thought keep it cheap, but good.
Besides, getting a helmet that feels good straight away is my main aim. Ever tried putting a shoe box in a fruit bowl? thats me come helmet buying time:grumpy:

Chil

Likes Dirt
Just went to the Specialized store and got a Specialized Tactic, is it any good? no fu#king idea but it fitted ok, so sorted.
Helmets dont seem to last too long so as much as a bling $$$$ helmet would be nice i thought keep it cheap, but good.
Besides, getting a helmet that feels good straight away is my main aim. Ever tried putting a shoe box in a fruit bowl? thats me come helmet buying time:grumpy:
I had one for some time a few years back, was comfortable and well priced (just a bit heavy, could be lighter now if the models changed), my brother has that helmet now, he loves it.
I replaced the Tactic with a fox flux which is also a great helmet (got it on special) if you look in this one, make sure to check the mod on here, makes the helmet fit allot better.
I now have a POC Trabec Race (got a great deal on one couldn't pass it up), not as well vented as the flux, however its marginally lighter (on my scales and noggin anyway).
The fit is the same if not better than the flux for me.

I would recommend the tactic as a start out helmet, once you try a flux or for that matter a different lighter higher end model that fits well, you'll get that in place of the tactic.

Last edited:
Interesting to hear someone is using the POC Helmet. I have been waiting for the MIPS version which is apparently coming out in the next month or so. Have had a Met parachute for a while but have ended up not using it much as it fit just doesn't seem right.

bj4x4

Likes Dirt
Anyone know which helmet has the most coverage. I got the giro hex, xen or xar to pic from.
Cheers
Matt

dunndog

Eats Squid
Just goes to show how individual helmet fit is and how important it is to try on a helmet before buying. I tried the Oazis on and found it really uncomfortable. I've currently got the Flux and it's easily the most comfortable helmet I've had. I would have like to tried on the Giro Xar but couldn't find it locally (Newcastle).
I tried one on today and found there was something slightly skewiff right in the top of this helmet? Like a rib or something slightly protruding inside the helmet.. rest of it fit well but this thing would get pretty annoying after a while. Is this what you found?

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pitty you can't buy them in Australia any more... I've got one and wish I could get another!
Jetblack is doing MET now, seen the new kaos the other day, the padding that rests on your forehead is a gel type thing that is super comfy
I've tried the 661 recon, wasn't that good for my head, now using a lazer oasiz which is ok but slides back a bit, I think I'm going to try the met kaos soon

crasherX

Squid
I use an urge archi-enduro, I wanted a full face helmet that breathed and this was the only real answer. I got a mate to pick it up for me from the uk cause you can't get them here, which is a real shame cause they're an unreal lid that look the shiz!