Am I crazy for not wearing a helmet.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ Ouch.

K thanks, between the patronising "you aren't mountain biking" replies and the frail old men who keep losing their balance, I'll go without the helmet. cheers for the advice guys

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
Definite troll. Possibly also one of those fancy folks dozer refers too.

I did see a guy shredding the dirt yesterday, but he was on a box and wearing a trucker's cap. So it was probably OK.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Strong statistical correlations between brain injuries and online trolls.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
K thanks, between the patronising "you aren't mountain biking" replies and the frail old men who keep losing their balance, I'll go without the helmet. cheers for the advice guys

Jarrod? is that you? Nah, too polite, and no maths questions...

Your trolling is of poor quality. Wear a decent helmet, fitted correctly and fastened properly, and kindly fornicate off. :thumb:

Flow-Rider

Burner
I was looking down to see what was caught in my back wheel on a trail but by the time I looked up, it was too late and washed out on a tree root. Luckily for the helmet on my head or these marks would have been on my scone.

hm.jpg

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Also beware the low hanging tree branch that might be obscured by leaves. I copped one of those to the helmet (now replaced). That would have been a concussion and some stitches to the head.

stirk

Burner
Haha, dirt track cycling! I guess if thats all it is and there are no rocks or trees, then yeah knock yourself out, don't wear a helmet.

I prefer rough trails with baby head sized rocks and trees and drop bears and in this environment a helmet is mandatory.......unless you're crazy.

Funny part is I'm not even trolling, arguments werent convincing, severity vs likelyhood trade off n all.

still not gonna swap my cap for a helmet.

The sort of trails I ride are poor condition fire trials (not ridiculously bad) and twisty single track.

DeBloot

Feeling old
if you're not a troll and not convinced by the rational evidence put forth
I don't get why you bothered asking the fucking question
Did you want someone to acknowledge how bad ass and hardcore you are

Last edited:
if you're not a troll and not convinced by the rational evidence put forth
I don't get why you bothered asking the fucking question
Did you want someone to acknowledge how bad ass and hardcore you are
Nah i just didn't realise that when farkin turned into rotorburn everyone also became softies; foolish absolutists who are more convinced by rhetoric and worst case scenarios than practical experiences and realism.

Also, since when did people on here start doing the whole "you're one of those (insert different cyclo-sport) types." This place used to be friendly accepting and cool.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Funny part is I'm not even trolling, arguments werent convincing, severity vs likelyhood trade off n all.

still not gonna swap my cap for a helmet.

The sort of trails I ride are poor condition fire trials (not ridiculously bad) and twisty single track.

Why do you bother joining a forum and then post this useless bullshit?

Surely you could be spending your time better doing your year 8 homework now the holidays are finished...

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Nah i just didn't realise that when farkin turned into rotorburn everyone also became softies; foolish absolutists who are more convinced by rhetoric and worst case scenarios than practical experiences and realism.

Also, since when did people on here start doing the whole "you're one of those (insert different cyclo-sport) types." This place used to be friendly accepting and cool.

You are more than welcome to quit posting and fuck off somewhere else if your not happy being here.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Seriously guys, if mountain biking were as god dam fucking dangerous as you guys make out, you wouldn't do it with a helmet let alone without it. And if you cared so much for your safety you'd also all wear full face helmets, body protection and leatt braces, but you don't.

Why is that?

Perhaps because it ain't so stupidly dangerous (hint, why do lots of us ride off-road and not on road), and we all make trade offs - mountain biking been more fun than sitting at home in a safety cocoon for instance

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Seriously guys, if mountain biking were as god am fucking dangerous as you guys make out, you wouldn't do it with a helmet let alone without it. And if you cared so much for your safety you'd also all wear full face helmets, body protection and leatt braces, but you don't.

Why is that?

Perhaps because it ain't so stupidly dangerous (hint, why do lots of us ride off-road and not on road), and we all make trade offs - mountain biking been more fun than sitting at home for instance
Is there good evidence for those neckbraces? I'd be tempted to grab one if there was, currently I think it might just be marketing hype.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Is there good evidence for those neckbraces? I'd be tempted to grab one if there was, currently I think it might just be marketing hype.
Don't know, but probably similar for helmets off road, so lots of anecdata, "I crashed with a brace and would have broken my neck but didn't so brace saved me from a wheelchair"etc

;)