An Orange called Don

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
That’s good feedback, cheers. Makes sense about the way it ramps up.

To be fair I should spend a shit tonne more time on it before deciding on what’s wrong :)

It’s a 190x45 according to the orange website.
I don't have anything that colour...

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Or that. Have a DPX2 on the trance, alas its a trunnion so wont fit the Orange... Must say the whole rear end on the Trance is super good, I never even notice it working...
The Trance with a DPX2 is a pretty good combo of bottomless travel, supple off the top and efficient pedalling. With the Orange you'll probably have to pick one characteristic that you really want and tune for that.

moorey

call me Mia
The Trance with a DPX2 is a pretty good combo of bottomless travel, supple off the top and efficient pedalling. With the Orange you'll probably have to pick one characteristic that you really want and tune for that.
This. Lots of quirks on the oranges, but do much fun when you get them set up how you like.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
those fox float / rp23 series shocks were pretty underwhelming on my 5. Dpx2 or monarch will help a lot.
Wouldn’t go coil if you’re worried about weight though, you’ll drop some weight when you cut that steerer to size as well :p

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Hard agree. Can’t figure why it was their go-to shock for ever.
The only non piggy I like is my monarch rt3 non piggy on the Five I set up more XC.
This was the basic shock option for the frameset - any upgrade was silly money so I figured it was cheaper to get this and see how it went and upgrade later, selling the basic float.

moorey

call me Mia
This was the basic shock option for the frameset - any upgrade was silly money so I figured it was cheaper to get this and see how it went and upgrade later, selling the basic float.
It used to be the only option, even when there were much better options around.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Dunno, havent ridden them yet. They feel ok. If they end up sucking theyre not massively spendy. I was sorta looking for a budget Oury, but if i dont like these ill just get Ourys again - but the lock on Oury isn't as nice as the original one.
You need lock ons? My Ourys aren't budging for love nor money

Haakon

Keeps on digging
You need lock ons? My Ourys aren't budging for love nor money
This is true, i was probably going to go back to normal ones. They're a pain to get off though if need to change bars!

Hmm. Had the $60 or so the Oury lock ons cost in my head, forgot the normal ones are cheap. Oh well, try something new :)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
If those Jetblack ones are rubbish send them to me, I need a new grip on the front end loader lever, the second Yeti grip is now falling apart. Orange will be all matchy matches.