AM An Orange, FFS.

moorey

call me Mia
Ok, she’s built and tested. Woot.

Firstly, why did I buy it? I’ve got the same frame in green hanging in the rafters. Well, it’s was a good price and I like the colour. And if I didn’t buy it, @Hipstar might have.

Greeny was built as an Enduro machine, with 180 lyriks. Descended well, but not as well as the Rune, so it fell out of favour. Wanted this to be a long travel trail bike. That’s what it does best. Even went a bit longer in the stem than usual. Nothing much changed other than fitting a 160 pike that I picked up as a spare off here a few weeks ago, and just happened to have the right colour decals. Normally I wouldn’t care for matchy matchy, but mad not to.

Ride report a few posts down.

Frame: 2014 Alpine 160. 26”, medium. 160mm.
Forks. 27.5 rct3 pike 160. Thanks @damo666. Totally unplanned.
Shock. Monarch RC3 plus.
Wheels. Hope pro2 Evo on flow mk3.
Cranks: RF turbine with cinch 34t
Shifter/chain/mech. XT M8000 11sp.
Cassette. 10-42 XD 1150.
Brakes. M7000 SLX
Tyres. DHF/DHR2 2.5/2.4wt
Dropper. Lev DX external 150mm. Drill it?
Bars. Sunline 760, very low rise.
Stem. Loaded 60mm
Guide. Hope simple guide. Noisy AF pos.
Saddle. Fizik gobi.
Pedals. Nukeproof composite.
Weight. 14.1 complete.

Better resolution pic.

Last edited:

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
What’s the story with the front shock mount on that frame @moorey? It looks like it might be adjustable.

moorey

call me Mia
Full build and pics added to first post.

Ride report.
It rocks! That is all.

Just need a 32 ring, and a quieter guide. This one compounds oranges reputation for rattling.

moorey

call me Mia
Some twerking:

-32t ring to replace 34t. Thanks @sane for the donation.

-Mulleted (only coz I had identical wheel in 27.5. Rune looks odd with reverse mullet ATM.

-Swapped pikes for 160 lyriks

-Swapped to 35mm (long) stem instead of the 60.

-Swapoed out the 765 blue bars for 750 black.

Wanted to swap the rattley AF Hope simple guide, but none of my other ISCG03 guides fit around the stupid big cups of the Hope 30mm BB.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Interesting. Made much difference mulleted? BB height change much?
I did the same to my tracer, couldn't find 275 dropouts so just went with 275 up front. Wasn't expecting anything from it, only did it because I was off work and bored.

First ride on blue trails, I'm sure I wouldn't have known if I was just handed the bike. Next ride on black trails, I was sure it felt more stable and just kinda right. I'd 100% put zero stock in what I'm saying though, my black run ride was my first in 8months and I'm sure I'd have had a blast if I replaced my front wheel with a potato

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk