And booo to you too Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Radministrator
If he had PM'd us, at least we would have been able to ascertain the validity of his claim, if he had, and we had seen that his avatar off HCOR was being plagiarised, we could have changed 01_250s to correct the situation.
So in answer to your question 'what could we have done?' We could have fixed it. We're admins, being able to right such situations is one of our fantabulous, magical admin powers you see.
You think I wanted him to PM us so we could say "Bahaha, cop that foo! Someone stole your avatar!"? Had he taken the appropriate course of action, his avatar could have been returned, he wouldn't have been banned and this whole stupid discussion wouldn't have had to take place.
The "theft" of his avatar didn't need to be discussed in the open forum and he certainly didn't need to continue posting new threads after he had been told how to resolve his problem.
So, to recap
1) He was wrong
2) We were right.

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
who cares, go do some jumps or something, i can't beleive all this crap is essentially about an avatar. not a whole lot in the scheme of things.

:D

Ryan

Radministrator
Thank you chuckrockswell, my contribution to this thread will cease from now on.
The force of my reasoning has crushed the opposition of my foes, I must go forth and be more of a nazi on increasingly trivial matters until all before me feel alienated by censorship.
And by that I mean I'm off to work, have a nice night all :)

Dinsy2

Likes Bikes
Ryan said:
1) He was wrong
2) We were right.
Where have I read all this before...

My first thread was locked, then deleted, so I posted it again. I never got to read the reason it was deleted, that got locked and deleted.
so I posted another one ASKING why my threads had been locked and deleted. that got locked and deleted.

So I posted a thread asking if you were going to lock this one too. Ya I was being an asshole, kinda like what you guys were doing.

S.

ex offender
Ryan said:
If he had PM'd us, at least we would have been able to ascertain the validity of his claim, if he had, and we had seen that his avatar off HCOR was being plagiarised, we could have changed 01_250s to correct the situation.
So in answer to your question 'what could we have done?' We could have fixed it. We're admins, being able to right such situations is one of our fantabulous, magical admin powers you see.
You think I wanted him to PM us so we could say "Bahaha, cop that foo! Someone stole your avatar!"? Had he taken the appropriate course of action, his avatar could have been returned, he wouldn't have been banned and this whole stupid discussion wouldn't have had to take place.
The "theft" of his avatar didn't need to be discussed in the open forum and he certainly didn't need to continue posting new threads after he had been told how to resolve his problem.
So, to recap
1) He was wrong
2) We were right.
So given that you're 100% in the right here (ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha), why didn't you PM him if it so urgently needed to be discussed privately? I haven't heard anyone else complaining about it being in public.

Yes you could have "fixed the situation" by changing 01 250's avatar (which he's done himself now anyway), you could also have fixed the situation by TALKING to 01 250 without having to be told to do so by any mere mortal, non fantabulously-magical-administrator, or by PMing dinsy yourself.... or by closing down the whole website, or by deleting this forum, or by banning half the members indiscriminately, or by mailing anthrax to everyone involved, but amazingly you took none of those actions. Instead you just banned Dinsy and said "that's that, we're right and you're wrong".

CAM

Likes Dirt
chuckrockswell said:
who cares, go do some jumps or something, i can't beleive all this crap is essentially about an avatar. not a whole lot in the scheme of things.

i agree,build a jump and get over it.

S.

ex offender
CAM said:
chuckrockswell said:

i agree,build a jump and get over it.
Yep, it's pretty gay that someone got BANNED just because of an avatar.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
al lthis over an avatar.

I have just one thing to say. Maybe the admins, when the close or delete a post should PM ther person(s) involved giving a reason.

S.

ex offender
Simo said:
al lthis over an avatar.

I have just one thing to say. Maybe the admins, when the close or delete a post should PM ther person(s) involved giving a reason.
Fair suggestion, bit hard when they're banned from the site though.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
maybe before they ban or suspend a person they should PM them (should have made it clearer)

DOM

Eats Squid
get over it Socket far out mate.
Simo .. he was Pmed .. 3 times .. hence this whole debate. Not our fault he didnt read them. Dinsy frequents Hcor .. so he must know a thing or 2 about forums.

1. - This is our first attempt at a website and running a forum .. i think we do a pretty damm good job cause farks me what would happen to Socket should farkin not be around.

2. Ok so maybe we were harsh .. after everything that happens in life .. your always going to get those people saying .. why didnt ya do it like this .. why didnt ya do it like that. ya cannot time back time.

3. Dinsy has to accept some blame a maturity level could of been shown.

now lets close this thread Dinsy is back as Dinsy2. so it wasnt a hardcore Ban .. lets leave it.

DOM

Eats Squid
thats cool mate haha i just read the bottom of your signature hahah Burninating haha Trog Dorrrrrrrrrrrr.

Sorry im getting off topic .. but this topic sucked ASS anyway.

S.

ex offender
DOM said:
1. - This is our first attempt at a website and running a forum .. i think we do a pretty damm good job cause farks me what would happen to Socket should farkin not be around.
Is that related to the rest of this thread? Oh wait, let's make it personal and say "nobody's perfect, we all make mistakes" because we're out of logical arguments. woohoo.

Dinsy2

Likes Bikes
Simo .. he was Pmed .. 3 times .. hence this whole debate. Not our fault he didnt read them.
I never got PMed, I had it set to popup the window when a new PM was recieved and that NEVER happened.

3. Dinsy has to accept some blame a maturity level could of been shown.
I said I only post the last thread to be an asshole, because you guys were being assholes, Moderators who should be SETTING the example.

Anyways, my point, yet again has been proven. :wink:
thanks to gutty, kalem and steve for stickin up for me.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
DOM said:
haha i just read the bottom of your signature hahah Burninating haha Trog Dorrrrrrrrrrrr.

Sorry im getting off topic .. but this topic sucked ASS anyway.
excuse my retardedness but whats burninating mean??

Status
Not open for further replies.