AM And the winner is..Nomad 4cc

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And the winner is.....

Frame- 2018 Santa Cruz Nomad Large CC, with a hacked up gloss frame skin from another bike.
Fork- MRP Coil 170mm
Shock- RockShox Super Deluxe Coil RCT, would tempted to try a DHX2 or X2 down the track.
Bottom Bracket- Sram
Rims- Light Bicycle 38mm hookless with 12k weave matte finish
Hubs- DT Swiss 350 j-bend, rear with XD driver
Spokes- Sapim cx-ray
Brakes- Saint M820
Rotors- 203mm front & 180 rear, centerlock ice tech
Cranks- Sram X01, 170mm
Chain guide- Shovel Carbon
Cassette- Sram X1
Rear derailler- Sram XO1
Shifter- Sram XX1 with Problem solver adapter to fit Shimano Saint lever.
Chain- KMC 11SL Black
Headset- Something
Stem- Enve 40mm
Handlebars- Enve 800mm DH
Seat post- KS 150
Seat- Bel Air
Grips- Blue ODI's (need new ones)
Tires- Front DHF 2.5 WT, Rear DHRII 2.3 but will be going a minon SS
Pedals- Xpedo Spry Flats w/ grub screws
Weight- No idea

So the toss up was between the Firebird and the Nomad, I started a thread, I harassed the shit out of facebook trading groups trying to find a usedy, I did find a used Firebird but in the end a ex demo Nomad frame came up as a better deal. I was looking forward to trying the Firebird, and then later on going to the Nomad 4, but I've just cut out the middle man. I'm pretty big on water bottles so this is a major win for me over the Firebird's design.
Still got a bit to do on it, needs some frameskin on the down tube, new grips and the rear brake has shat itself so it's in for a warranty repair.
I must say it feels lighter then I thought it would, frame design is nice in person, color is pretty meh.
I'm really excited to give it a ride!!

Crappy photo for now, cat wanted in, I'll take better ones when its all finished :)
Thanks for all your help RB!
Ben
Nomad.JPG

Nomad 3.jpg

Nomad 2.JPG

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
So when are you pinkifying it? Looks rad. Keen to hear a review against the tranny

The pussy is tight bro, any closeups?

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I knew it. I knew you wouldn’t come back to team Pivot. And before you say I’m not on team Pivot I still own 2 of them. I just ride my shiney new monster more.

Now grips gave to go! ASAP. They don’t match and I’m not coping. Agreed with the others ref the AMS frameskin but I get it and can cope for a little bit.

Also you need these
https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/view-product/Uberbike-Floating-Disc-Brake-Rotor-6-Bolt-Gold-Black

Or these

https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/...or-with-Heat-Dissipation-Alloy-Fins-GoldBlack

And maybe some nice yellow rims stickers and...... oh that’s right it’s not my bike.... but everyone knows matching is 3km/h faster. It’s a fact........

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Looks like you could ride over anything with that one. Agree that the grips nees to go.

That cat could also kick anyones butt here so say nice things.

Enjoy your new SC plaything.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk