AM And the winner is..Nomad 4cc

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did the Rocky Trail Stromlo round on the weekend. Bike went awesome, had mostly good, clean runs. got 21st out of 31 in the 30yrs category, whilst not fantastic, I was happy with how I rode :) Next weekend is a Mini Enduro at Orange, then the week after is the National Enduro Rd at Stromlo :)
And don't worry, I put some more air in the rear tire after this haha.
RTSFCSTR18-5333.jpg

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, small change on the Nomad, off goes the MRP (which I loved) and on comes a Fox 36. Reasons for this are 1) I like orange and 2) want to try 180mm.
There was one thing stopping me from making this change and that was that there weren't any coil conversions for Fox 36's that go up to 180mm.......until Vorsprung announced their new Smashpot Coil Conversion will do just that. It's released in December so I'll get one of those when its out :)

In the meantime I think the Orange looks sick! The orange lowers and black uppers aren't a combo Fox sell so I got Cyclinc to do the switch for me.

IMG_1745.JPG

IMG_1748.JPG

IMG_1749.JPG

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You get get down the whole hill without braking if your balls are big enough, Forrest Elbow is the scary part, pretty big gamble there isn't some nut taking a racing line coming up the hill, or some walker and their dog isn't crossing the track, I usually wipe off a bit of speed coming in and drag the rear brake through just in case.
Id say you'd do the dipper and 60kph, but I dont have a speedo so just a guess. And I think you do about 60-70kph down Conrod.

teK--

Eats Squid
Also got a new seat, its charbon from fleebay, again, wanted to drop some weight. Feels good actually!
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GUB-Light-Carbon-Fiber-Cycling-Bicycle-MTB-Road-Bike-Saddle-Seat-Cushion-Mat/253627973391?hash=item3b0d67bf0f:g:UyAAAOSwWxNYylj6
It hasnt shot carbon charbs up my ass yet, so thats a win.
Does the saddle have the carbon rails moulded into the base? I am so f'ing sick of saddles where the (metal) rails start moving independently of the base causing creaking and crackling sounds.

Let us know how you get on with the saddle...

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not much to update, ate it at Canonbolas on Saturday, hit my hip pretty good. Found a nice lookout at Mt Ovens (just out of Bathurst) on Sunday. Nomad is going strong, finally weighed it, 13.7kgs, not bad for a 180mm travel bike. Still surprises me how well it pedals.

Super pumped for Cannonball in a few weeks time.

IMG_1987.JPG

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cannonball was sick, could of used some rain during the week but, it was a dust bowl.
Managed to get some air time that wasnt immediately followed by a horrendous accident, so that was nice.
Got a flat on my DH race run, much to my mates delight who went past me laughing.

Going to Maydena over new years, will be good to see some new tracks which I can embarrass my self on.

THRCANFC18-0304.jpg

Last edited: