AM Andorran Assault – Meta AM 29 SRAM Edition

BT180

Max Pfaff
Wanted to give this 29er thing a go, so jumped right into the deep end. Has the same travel as my 27.5 Strive did, but with the 0.5 degree slacker HA and bigger hoops it should be even more capable (unless i'm climbing!).

Just a couple of things upgraded from stock, to get me going;
  • Brakes
  • Tyres + CC
  • OneUp EDC
  • Heat-shrinked cables
Frame - 2019 META AM 29 Large
Rear shock - ROCKSHOX SUPER DELUXE RCT
Front shock/fork - ROCKSHOX LYRIK RC2, 170 mm
Handlebars - RIDE ALPHA Aluminium, 20 mm rise, 780 mm, 31.8 mm
Stem - RIDE ALPHA, Aluminium 2014, 40 mm, 31.8 mm, 0° Angle
Headset - ACROS Alloy ZS44/ZS56, sealed bearings
Grips - RIDE ALPHA, DH Grips, ultra-soft compound, single clamp
Saddle - FABRIC SCOOP FLAT ELITE
Seatpost - ROCKSHOX REVERB STEALTH, 150mm with 1x remote
Front brake – Formula Cura 4 203mm
Rear brake – Formual Cura 4 180mm
Cranks - SRAM DESCENDANT EAGLE 7K X-Sync, 32 t, boost 175 mm
Chainguide – Not yet
Chain - SRAM GX EAGLE
Pedals – Saint SPD
Rear derailleur - SRAM GX EAGLE
Rear shifter - SRAM GX EAGLE
Cassette - SRAM XG EAGLE 10-50
Front hub - FORMULA, high engagement, 32 holes, sealed bearings
Rear hub - FORMULA, high engagement, 32 holes, sealed bearings
Front rim – SPANK OOZY 350, 30 mm inner width
Rear rim - SPANK OOZY 350, 30 mm inner width
Spokes - SAPIM RACE
Tyres – F: Maxxis Assegai 29x2.5WT Maxx Grip, R: Maxxis DHR2 29x2.4 Exo+
Tubes – Setup tubeless with CushCore in rear
Total weight –16.64kg (14.8kg as delivered), including OneUp EDC in steerer

Only ridden twice, so still dialling it in, but this thing is solid as a rock. In fully open mode with the shock, the pivots don't move an inch when pedalling. Then point it down and it's ultra-stable. I'm finding a bit more body language needed when lifting up the front when compared to my old bike, but that's probably attributed to the longer front-centre and bigger wheels (and some weight of course). Going to have to adjust my riding style a bit. I've been off the bike for 3 weeks, so can't wait to fully wring its neck once i'm match fit.

Last edited:

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Love the frame angles on this bike, and colourway has pops in all the right places

BT180

Max Pfaff
Thanks guys, yep it's quite a refreshing change to have a 'chalk grey' bike amongst a sea of black or crazy colourways. And the red forks and subtle accents on the frame really set it off

Love it.
What setup you got under the bottle?
I have a BCR Mutherload strap down under the bottle. Just holds a spare tube, Dynaplug and tyre lever.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Hows the assegai go?

Bike looks rad. Pretty jealous
Cheers. Love the Assegai. Had one on my Strive and never going back to a DHF. Grip is phenomenal and it doesn't have any of that vagueness the DHF has between straight and leaning. I'll run one on the back too, once the Exo casing versions are released.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Cheers. Love the Assegai. Had one on my Strive and never going back to a DHF. Grip is phenomenal and it doesn't have any of that vagueness the DHF has between straight and leaning. I'll run one on the back too, once the Exo casing versions are released.
Mountain bikes direct my dude! Just ordered an exo assguy for the front of mine, matched to a DD aggressor rear.

Edit: never mind, apparently they’ve only released exo for 27.5.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Mountain bikes direct my dude! Just ordered an exo assguy for the front of mine, matched to a DD aggressor rear.

Edit: never mind, apparently they’ve only released exo for 27.5.
Was all excited for a second there! Apparently they're available this month. But they also said Feb, then March...

slowmick

38-39"
Great looking bike - good to see it dirty. Looking forward to ride reports. Not something i'll see very often, if at all.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
What a friggin awesome bike.
I absolutely love the colour scheme on this thing.

My bright turquoise burn-your -eyes-out Kona has grown on me a little... but your Meta's utility colourway is nicerer for my taste.

If it's anything like my 150+ 29er...the faster you go, the better it feels.

Enjoy the stoke!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

BT180

Max Pfaff
Cheers mate. Absolutely loving the colour. And yeah, one thing i did notice is how much smoother it is the faster you go. Consequences a lot higher though, so it's balancing act!