Angerrrr rising......Scottt sssmmmmash!!!!

Flow-Rider

Burner
The day before a delivery I get a text saying Your package will arrive tomorrow.

Then on the day I get this which asks for a response.

Do you want us to leave your parcel in a safe place?
Would you like to collect at the local post office?

I actually love the service I get from Aust Post.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Aust Post, just never have issues!

Local big parcel dude drives a Star Trek van if that makes a difference, probably not.
I haven't had a lot problems with them either but I've caught our postie out a few times, when he's running late he just throws the call card in the box and takes off before I can open the door.

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As in no, that's not what's wrong. Its an outcome of it, but it's not the cause
What's wrong is that they've forgotten what it is they are supposed to do. Deliver mail.
They're to busy bragging about being the largest retail chain, and how much profit they make. They have no idea where anything is at any time, so tracking is a joke, and if there was an alternative I'd use it. But they have thousands of subsidised offices all through Australia

stirk

Burner
I haven't had a lot problems with them either but I've caught our postie out a few times, when he's running late he just throws the call card in the box and takes off before I can open the door.
If I was the local postie doing deliveries and saw a bloke spying keenly on his own front door/letter box waiting for the latest and greatest MTB part to be delivered to make his life complete, massive smile on his face in the anticipation, likely naked or close to it as it's hot up your way right now, if I was that postie I'd do a quick drop box run!

Early one Saturday morning I've answered the door with just a towel loosely on, hoping it was the jebus witness people and I'd shock them only to find my awesome Star Trek dude delivering my bike parts, ON A SATURDAY, he gave no shits I was half nude and I was happy I got my stuff and went back to bed!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
If I was the local postie doing deliveries and saw a bloke spying keenly on his own front door/letter box waiting for the latest and greatest MTB part to be delivered to make his life complete, massive smile on his face in the anticipation, likely naked or close to it as it's hot up your way right now, if I was that postie I'd do a quick drop box run!

Early one Saturday morning I've answered the door with just a towel loosely on, hoping it was the jebus witness people and I'd shock them only to find my awesome Star Trek dude delivering my bike parts, ON A SATURDAY, he gave no shits I was half nude and I was happy I got my stuff and went back to bed!
You should be black banned and carded by all couriers for life you bloody hippy

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm with stork. Sure my last regular guy used to hide my parcels in the bin...but I still got them. For me it's the couriers I get the shits with. Your depot is an hour away arsehole! I do like couriers please using a network of newsagents for delivery.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's like a circus has come to town at my place when the postie arrives. The dog normally hears the postie long before I do, I've then got to keep an eye on the dog and get the front door open after finding the keys depending on who's locked the front door last. Once I get the door open, I try to keep the gap small because the dog waits for the right moment and just charges at my legs full nuts to push me out of the way to get to the Postie. The Postie thinks it's funny and some occasions when the dog gets through, the Postie tries to pat the dog while almost getting his arm ripped off, I'm sure it's the highlight of his trip some days. That postie nearly always waits for me but the others that fill in for him are just total chunts.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
It's like a circus has come to town at my place when the postie arrives. The dog normally hears the postie long before I do, I've then got to keep an eye on the dog and get the front door open after finding the keys depending on who's locked the front door last. Once I get the door open, I try to keep the gap small because the dog waits for the right moment and just charges at my legs full nuts to push me out of the way to get to the Postie. The Postie thinks it's funny and some occasions when the dog gets through, the Postie tries to pat the dog while almost getting his arm ripped off, I'm sure it's the highlight of his trip some days. That postie nearly always waits for me but the others that fill in for him are just total chunts.
I don't know what it is about posties specifically they hate. We had a Samoyed, who would lie down and lick the pet rabbits and chickens, as gentle as a mouse, but twice succeeded in biting a postie, while going full "kujo". 45kg dog, had all the makings of a terrible outcome.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Yeah but typical Auspost I was meant to sign for it. Answering the bell this morning, I head out and find my package rocking back and forth as the bastard dropped a set of 11's down the street. Given everything that went on I'm going to the post office to ask who signed for it. As an added kick in the balls CRC cocked up the order and put in 2 left hand brake kits instead of a left and right. I'm beginning to think I may not be meant to build this bike...........
Doh! Should have bought Guides. :p

PJO

in me vL comy
Why don't people have shipments made to their workplace if it is staffed all day? Or to a family member's workplace if their own isn't suitable.

I have never been carded at work even though our office reception is upstairs with shitty street parking, and they still come up to reception to deliver...
This!!
Always get mine delivered to work, saves hassle of trying to chase it at the local PO.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've seen it go bad in offices many a time, the courier gets anyone to sign for it, a cleaner, a client and just throws it on the ground and no one knows anything. We had an internal investigation at a work place I was at where a $600 rattle gun went missing from reception, only person it could have been was a client in the waiting room.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I've seen it go bad in offices many a time, the courier gets anyone to sign for it, a cleaner, a client and just throws it on the ground and no one knows anything. We had an internal investigation at a work place I was at where a $600 rattle gun went missing from reception, only person it could have been was a client in the waiting room.
Our deliveries were awesome. Only reception ever signed for it and you'd get an email straight away. Problem was it worked so well people started buying stuff. A lot of stuff. Then one guy decided to spoil it by getting an entire semi built bicycle to work and boss cracked the shit and put an end to it. Small packages still slip through though if you are on good terms with the receptionist.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Our deliveries were awesome. Only reception ever signed for it and you'd get an email straight away. Problem was it worked so well people started buying stuff. A lot of stuff. Then one guy decided to spoil it by getting an entire semi built bicycle to work and boss cracked the shit and put an end to it. Small packages still slip through though if you are on good terms with the receptionist.
I got my Canyon delivered through Reception! :)

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why don't people have shipments made to their workplace if it is staffed all day? Or to a family member's workplace if their own isn't suitable.

I have never been carded at work even though our office reception is upstairs with shitty street parking, and they still come up to reception to deliver...
Mate I work in the control tower at Bankstown airport. It’s a secure location with no reception and we can’t exactly ask the aircraft to hold whilst I run down stairs to grab a delivery. That said I tried it once. I’m not f#*king kidding the Startrack express driver (Auspost in disguise) rang me at work saying he couldn’t f%^king find it despite the fact I could see him 50m down the road. It’s the only f*€king control tower on the f+*king airport how hard can it be?????

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I don't want to push OP over the edge & into a permanent straight jacket....but I do remember not long ago the media was reporting the truly offensive salary of the slick looking Aust Post CEO.
Once again the highest corporate board members & directors syphon off multi-million dollar salaries while the employees & customers get shit sandwiches.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't want to push OP over the edge & into a permanent straight jacket....but I do remember not long ago the media was reporting the truly offensive salary of the slick looking Aust Post CEO.
Once again the highest corporate board members & directors syphon off multi-million dollar salaries while the employees & customers get shit sandwiches.

I saw that......... and it nearly did push me over the edge. And the idiot was on there boasting about the service they provide etc etc......... blood pressure rising......

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
I do get most of my stuff delivered to the office, but I do have to be mindful of how much is coming in these days. I got an entire bike build (minus the frame) sent here over the course of a few weeks a while back & did get asked how much more there was to come.

I just had to look that up: apparently he was criticized in 2014 for his $4.8 million salary (whilst sacking 900 staff). Didn't stop him though, by 2016 he was getting $5.6 million, including a tidy $1.2 million bonus. But that was just 2016. By 2017 he was getting $10.8m pay package according to the ABC

Not sure how other industries are doing, but in mine I'm lucky if I can get a $1.2 bonus, never mind that year on year pay hike he's got going on. Must be all that good work he's been doing making Australia Post great again.

Z

Zaf

So I ordered some tyres and shirts from TBE, and the order was paid for and handed over to AusPOST on the 4th January.
I have yet to receive the articles in question...after a fortnight, for a domestic postage, from a town that has daily flights connecting it to city of origin, as well as being along a huge freight artery of the country for both train and road transport.

So during a recent tracking procedure, AusPOST politely flashed a pop-up to review how my experience has been this time around:
"2/10, both points go to a clean and polished website; in which I can accurately track my continued disappointment in the service being provided."

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I ordered some tyres and shirts from TBE, and the order was paid for and handed over to AusPOST on the 4th January.
I have yet to receive the articles in question...after a fortnight, for a domestic postage, from a town that has daily flights connecting it to city of origin, as well as being along a huge freight artery of the country for both train and road transport.

So during a recent tracking procedure, AusPOST politely flashed a pop-up to review how my experience has been this time around:
"2/10, both points go to a clean and polished website; in which I can accurately track my continued disappointment in the service being provided."
Welcome to the club buddy. I feel your pain and hope it all turns up soon dude.