Angle headset, slacker lower longer

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
IMO, start with 64.5. It will be familiar enough to not feel totally "wrong", but different enough to get a feel for the difference.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any suggestions on what I should get for a -1 headset?
According to my bike specs, I currenty have a FSA No.57E.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Any suggestions on what I should get for a -1 headset?
According to my bike specs, I currenty have a FSA No.57E.
That seems to be the standard 44mm upper, 56mm lower "Zero-stack" cups.

Works Components stuff is great quality. I have used about 5 of them now playing around with different geometry on different bikes, lol.

The upper headset cup of the angleset will end up being external cup, so make sure you have about 10mm of spacers under your stem as it will use up about that much space.

If MTB Direct has the size to suit your headtube length, buy through them if you want it anytime soon. Works are cheaper but slow to ship in my experience. Missed the estimated delivery date by several days each time I ordered from them.

Last edited:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Works Components stuff is great quality. I have used about 5 of them now playing around with different geometry on different bikes, lol.

The upper headset cup of the angleset will end up being external cup, so make sure you have about 10mm of spacers under your stem as it will use up about that much space.

If MTB Direct has the size to suit your headtube length, buy through them if you want it anytime soon. Works are cheaper but slow to ship in my experience. Missed the estimated delivery date by several days each time I ordered from them.

View attachment 357776
I have a bunch of other things in my life I need sorting out, can I just get you on them all?
Thanks so much for making it so easy

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt

View attachment 357776
Bit the bullet on a 1.5 degree, will keep you posted. Thanks for the help @beeb