Another ‘what ute?’ Thread.

moorey

call me Mia
Update.
I’ve made an offer on a local Hilux. Totally not on my radar, wasn’t at all interested in a lux, but I know the previous owners (company vehicle) even though it’s through a local yard.
Price is sticking point. We are very close, but I’m not moving on my already raised budget.
Ticks every major box. Happy to walk away if I can’t get it for my price though.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I cannot tell what year that is so a couple of quick questions, what is the build date? Have the injectors, injector seals been replaced (there was a service bulletin to change seals, sheets if you are from Toyota)? Check for leaking injector pipes along the top of the engine and make sure the timing belt was changed at 160,000km as it should, they go pop. Finally service history needs to be kosher.

moorey

call me Mia
2014. Brand new injectors.
Will check on belt. Everything wes done at scheduled services, and it’s done 180k, so I assume so. Kosher service history, Highway km’s and from a reputable local business.
Cheers, will check.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
After late 12 final phase of injectors was introduced and from Jan 13 builds Toyota used better pistons so you should have no issues.

Go ahead now...

;)

moorey

call me Mia
After late 12 final phase of injectors was introduced and from Jan 13 builds Toyota used better pistons so you should have no issues.

Go ahead now...

;)
Messaged the dude. He’s confirming tomorrow about belt. Will do if it wasn’t done.
Good news above.
It’s $5k cheaper than anything similar in a lux, coz cosmetically its 8/10. I would have been happy with 6.5, tbh. Perfect for me to ruin.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Messaged the dude. He’s confirming tomorrow about belt. Will do if it wasn’t done.
Good news above.
It’s $5k cheaper than anything similar in a lux, coz cosmetically its 8/10. I would have been happy with 6.5, tbh. Perfect for me to ruin.
1; Ride past the car yard at night and throw rocks at Hilux.
2; Go back tomorrow and knock them down more
3; Profit!

moorey

call me Mia
1; Ride past the car yard at night and throw rocks at Hilux.
2; Go back tomorrow and knock them down more
3; Profit!
I already lowballed it AF...but with the absolute max we can do. Expected him to march me out, but he came within $500 of my offer.
Told him I can’t, he was good about it and said he’d think about it over the weekend.
I think he’ll come down.
Hope it’s big enough to sleep in though. I’ll need it.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
I wish I had a Hilux. Ended up with the 3rd gen surf because I couldn't afford a Hilux with the same motor and similar k's and damn do I miss tip runs.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I already lowballed it AF...but with the absolute max we can do. Expected him to march me out, but he came within $500 of my offer.
Told him I can’t, he was good about it and said he’d think about it over the weekend.
I think he’ll come down.
Hope it’s big enough to sleep in though. I’ll need it.
Start a crowdfund. I'll chip in $5.