Another attempt at the 5" trail bike

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Been on this for about 6 months now.

My previous Yeti had a few durability issues. Great frame, but more suited to Melbourne's climate than where I live right now. Then there's that thing with Yetis where you meet a few others out there on the trails, frothing over turquoise stuff, & before you know it you start to feel like you've joined the Scientologists.

I wanted a simpler design for the sake of durability & SC are pretty bullet proof here as far as resale goes, so when this frame came up used I snapped it up. Both bikes have different strengths & I've been very happy on both, but I did realise the other day that I had been on the Solo about 6 months & hadn't been to the LBS in that time (other than shredding tyres). That's a win for me.

Frame - Santa Cruz Solo/ 5010cc 2016
Rear shock - RS Monarch Debonair rt3
Front shock/fork - RS Pike rct3 140mm
Handlebars - Renthal Fatbar carbon lite
Stem - Renthal Apex 50mm
Headset - King
Grips - Ruffian
Saddle - WTB Silverado Team Syndicate
Seatpost - RS Reverb Stealth 150mm
Front brake - XTR 9020 180mm
Rear brake - XTR 9020 160mm
Cranks - Raceface Next SL w/ Woolftooth 32
Chain - Sram
Pedals - Xpedo Spry
Rear derailleur - XX1
Rear shifter - XX1
Cassette - GX
Front hub - King
Rear hub - King
Front rim - Nextie 30mm
Rear rim - Nextie 30mm
Spokes - DT Comp
Nipples - DT brass
Tyres - Maxxis Minion DHR II exo tr 3c Max Terra/ Ardent exo tr

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Love it, my next bike will be something like that.
I'll be in Singapore next week too but bike-less :dizzy: otherwise I'd sneak off to Burkit Timah just for the hell of it.

dano_mtb

Likes Dirt
Awesome build mate. Looks mint.

The shorter travel trail bikes are so much more capable these days. I've "down graded" to a 125mm travel trail bike from a 150mm one and feel no loss in down hill capabilities.

What's the final build weight? I'm guessing mid 12s?

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Love the old pike decals

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cheapo Ebay stuff, somehow got lucky on the colour match

Awesome build mate. Looks mint.

The shorter travel trail bikes are so much more capable these days. I've "down graded" to a 125mm travel trail bike from a 150mm one and feel no loss in down hill capabilities.

What's the final build weight? I'm guessing mid 12s?
Good thing short travel bikes are getting better, I decided a long time ago that I didn't need more travel, just more talent, & the talent seems to be waning with age.

Haven't weighed it as I haven't been to the LBS, but feels a bit lighter than the previous rig, probably on the money with mid 12s