Another day another collarbone

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Safe to say it has not got any better in the last 6 days.
Just waiting on a call back to confirm if/when surgery can take place, but my doc and his superior have said yes. Now just needs the blessing of the big boss.View attachment 365704
That's so similar to mine it looks like they just reprinted my X-ray for you (albeit in much better contrast!).

I had mine plated and it set pretty quickly after that. Good luck dude, I found wandering around with it broken wasn't really all that bad unless you moved the wrong way and the bone snagged in the muscle - but post-surgery was nasty. The stitched-up wound was all I could really feel for about a fortnight, but I could certainly feel it! At least they should be able to get that all back into position neatly with plating, and long term mobility will return back to normal.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Just waiting on a call back to confirm if/when surgery can take place, but my doc and his superior have said yes. Now just needs the blessing of the big boss.View attachment 365704
Shit man, definitely push for surgery. That looks so similar to one of my breaks. That would heal eventually but will take ages to start to knit, guaranteed that if you left it you would rebrake it at least once waiting for it to heal.
Gets better after plating, you will more than likely have a numb spot for a fair while but eventually feeling comes back.
My doctors report sum up, she's fucked mate

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
See if anyone does the internal screw to hold it together over the plate. Less invasive and you won't be possibly looking to get it taken out after 12 months like a plate.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers for all the great advice guy's, appreciated. Will be exploring all options I have, but maybe not trying to have it buffed out ha ha.
Nice having other peeps who have been through it all before to bounce off as I go through my first major injury in my 40 years.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I bought a trainer for these times but got bored with it. I found my self getting more out of long walks and Bush walks. At least that way I got a changing view.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I bought a trainer for these times but got bored with it. I found my self getting more out of long walks and Bush walks. At least that way I got a changing view.
IMO trainers are only really good for 30minute interval sessions that make you want to die. Something you force yourself to do because you hate yourself, walks are a much more enjoyable pastime and a better way to spend time when recovering.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got an indoor trainer?

That is the best way to keep your sanity and some fitness.

Unfortunately most of the arm and shoulder/back muscle will waste away though :(
I've got a basic stationary bike that will do the job, but none of the fancy zwift stuff.
I usually just set myself up with a youtube video to watch while I'm on it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Unfortunately most of the arm and shoulder/back muscle will waste away though :(
I am by no means a muscle bound man (only having what muscle I gain from moving the bike), but this is certainly true. Each time injury has put me off the bike for an extended period I end up needing a new wardrobe! Those first rides back it is really noticeable too.

teK--

Eats Squid
I am by no means a muscle bound man (only having what muscle I gain from moving the bike), but this is certainly true. Each time injury has put me off the bike for an extended period I end up needing a new wardrobe! Those first rides back it is really noticeable too.
Don't need to be Arnie!

Just simple shit like picking up a mug of coffee to your mouth needs muscles. When you can't even do that after 8 weeks in a sling it's pretty demoralising.

When I can't sit up off a toilet seat anymore... Put me down lol.