Another kids build...

moorey

call me Mia
The much discussed bike for the neighbours grandson, that was awaiting dropper, but aus post lost it. Sigh. Can use mine for now.
9yo little fella. Hitting the jumps on my block. Talked dad into spending enough for something decent.

Frame. 2015 Trance XS.
Shock. Performance CTD.
Fork. Fox 34 Evo
Wheels. Velocity blunt on novatec (the good ones) 27.5
Brakes. M785 XT on 160 icetech.
Cranks. M8000 165
Derailleur. M8000
Shifter. M8000
Dropper. KS Integra 125m
Bars. 685 carbon noir
Stem. 50mm RF Atlas
Pedals. Scudgood composite
Seat. Giant @Minlak special.
Tyres. 2.35 nobby nic

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I found your lawn! It is between the pavers!! Good work, again. Green saddle would have looked dumb.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The much discussed bike for the neighbours grandson, that was awaiting dropper, but aus post lost it. Sigh. Can use mine for now.
9yo little fella. Hitting the jumps on my block. Talked dad into spending enough for something decent.

Frame. 2015 Trance XS.
Shock. Performance CTD.
Fork. Fox 34 Evo
Wheels. Velocity blunt on novatec (the good ones) 27.5
Brakes. M785 XT on 160 icetech.
Cranks. M8000 165
Derailleur. M8000
Shifter. M8000
Dropper. KS Integra 125m
Bars. 685 carbon noir
Stem. 50mm RF Atlas
Pedals. Scudgood composite
Seat. Giant @Minlak special.
Tyres. 2.35 nobby nic
View attachment 366885
Nice. I'm assuming a 150mm post would be too big? I should have a spare by the end of next week that I can let go cheap

moorey

call me Mia
Nice. I'm assuming a 150mm post would be too big? I should have a spare by the end of next week that I can let go cheap
Yep. 100 is just too big....because of the insertion issue. Can only drop about 140mm in before it hits pivot bolt. If I could slam, 150 would work easy.

moorey

call me Mia
His Grandma and his dad came to collect today, ready for his birthday tomorrow. They're super stoked. @Nerf Herder tracked down the lost dropper through Aus Post, and it arrived this morning. Have been trying to find dad a $2000 bike for himself for months. Everything he sees on FB sells in minutes to morons, or is so far overpriced, I tell him not to touch.
I had Felix's Process up on the stand doing some work ready for selling. He asks if he can buy it. I tell him its more than he's wanting to spend, and set up heavier and more hardcore than he needs.....But say I could lighten it a bit with other wheels and tyres, and drop the price a bit to save listing it.
SOLD, he says! :oops:

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
The local kids are fortunate to have you seemingly able to pull and endless supply of good bikes out of your arse @moorey. Nice job. So the obvious question is what’s on the stoves?

moorey

call me Mia
The local kids are fortunate to have you seemingly able to pull and endless supply of good bikes out of your arse @moorey. Nice job. So the obvious question is what’s on the stoves?
Bloody wife insisted on cooking right on photo time. And on Father’s Day....