Another new MTB park for Tassie.

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
sounds pretty bloody epic actually

"largest elevation drop of any purpose-built mountain bike trail in the southern hemisphere"
That really caught my eye.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
It will be fuckin' Epic. There's some serious terrain around Maydena, and it will be pretty much a virgin trail network being built. Can't wait.

DJR

Likes Dirt
I hope they get all the rest of the approvals. That Eagles Eyrie project really was a disaster wasn't it, will be good to see it put to good use. Wonder what the shuttle schedules will look like. Only just over an hour from Hobart as well.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Great stuff, this should be an amazing venture and yep, I'll travel to ride the area as much as I go to New Zealand if it's as good as it sounds.

willsy01

Eats Squid
...... and yep, I'll travel to ride the area as much as I go to New Zealand if it's as good as it sounds.
Having done three weeks there earlier in the year (no riding unfortunately), I will be going back without a shadow of a doubt for a riding holiday. It is a seriously brilliant part of the country.

This development along with Hollybank and Derby are really making Tasmania the ultimate in destination mountain biking. Exciting times.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
This development along with Hollybank and Derby are really making Tasmania the ultimate in destination mountain biking. Exciting times.
Meanwhile, the rest of Australia gets fucked over by blithering idiots who don't see the immense value a mountain biking scene can generate. Dopes.

jarrod839

Banned
Such good news and Tassie truly is a awesome place.
Just hope the right people are involved and some truly epic trails come of this and get australia on the world map.

dirtart

Likes Bikes
Hey guys,
Great to see some enthusiasm for the Maydena project.
As the owner of the company's developing and eventually operating the park I'd be happy to answer any questions. Just bear with me in replying- as I'm sure you can imagine we are receiving lots of interest about the project at the moment.
Cheers,
Simon
www.dirtart.com.au

dirtart

Likes Bikes
Hi guys,
Great to see some enthusiasm for our Maydena project. As the owner of the company's developing and eventually operating the park I'd be happy to answer anyone's questions.
Cheers,
Simon
www.dirtart.com.au

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Two biggest regrets in life: not getting into mountain biking when I was 17 & leaving Tassie at the same age to get a "job".

Such great things happening.

Beej1

If my maths is correct, that's 3/5 of Whistlers vert to play with. That ain't bad. Ain't bad at all. Heck I was happy spending half days riding the lower half of Whistler, and this is double that.

It'd be awesome if it took off and they could fund the funicular railway they were originally going to build there.