another tattoo thread.

robert g

Likes Dirt
Well ive been wanting to get a tattoo for ages but because a fall off so much i was wondering what type of damage would happen to a tatto? my mate tells me that they will just fade but i have a habit of losing shit loads of skin at a time. Any suggestions?

PS Your tattoo looks sick btw
Simple just don't crash

Nathan_

Likes Dirt
That looks amazing mate.

Anyone out there had work done over seas? Specifically thailand?
I like the style and colours you have chosen, some nice individual work on there! Nothing over crowded, flows nicely - top work by artist!

me and my best mate got one in koh-samui - was our 21st's and we wanted a reminder

we/i checked out all the places on the island and found one that was pretty high standards - very clean, new needles, good pic book full of past work etc (his shop in background)

i ended up with a yellow smiley face on my ass.. we were pretty hammered :)

Last edited:

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks bright and very inviting for a closer look.

How do the vibrant colors last over time cmpared to the greeny/purple color that olders tats all seem to be done with?

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt

this is the tat i got for my daughters first birthday, its a little generic but i like it.

|Matt|

Banned
I'm considering getting "Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven" tattooed across the back of my shoulders. It is a line from my favourite poem, Paradise Lost by John Milton and it has a deep meaning to me.

BTW Jordan, the sleeve is looking awesome.

pliskin

Likes Dirt
Well ive been wanting to get a tattoo for ages but because a fall off so much i was wondering what type of damage would happen to a tatto? my mate tells me that they will just fade but i have a habit of losing shit loads of skin at a time. Any suggestions?

PS Your tattoo looks sick btw
a guy i used to work with last year had heaps of tattoos. full sleeves, neck , legs, back.
he says he has had many a crash / stack from his skateboard / bmx's .
skin off, scratches, massive bruising. all his tattoos are fine.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
a guy i used to work with last year had heaps of tattoos. full sleeves, neck , legs, back.
he says he has had many a crash / stack from his skateboard / bmx's .
skin off, scratches, massive bruising. all his tattoos are fine.
How does work?
Shouldn't that ink come off if the skin comes off?

|Matt|

Banned
How does work?
Shouldn't that ink come off if the skin comes off?
No because the ink deep in the 'dermal' layer of skin, not in the epidermal (the outer) layer which is what comes off when you crash. You'd need to have a pretty insane road rash to hurt a tattoo.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No because the ink deep in the 'dermal' layer of skin, not in the epidermal (the outer) layer which is what comes off when you crash. You'd need to have a pretty insane road rash to hurt a tattoo.
Ahh, ok, that makes sense.
The needle goes into into many layers of skin rather than just the top one.

Cheers for that.

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it may look close to the surface of the skin buts its not, just after its done it goes deeper then the surface and all the surface ink washes out.

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know a guy that had a jigsaw tattooed on him, and every year he gets another couple of peice of it filled out with something that happened to him during the year. i dont have any pic's but thougt it might be an idea for all the kids wanting a tat but not knowing exactly what they want.

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know a guy that had a jigsaw tattooed on him, and every year he gets another couple of peice of it filled out with something that happened to him during the year. i dont have any pic's but thougt it might be an idea for all the kids wanting a tat but not knowing exactly what they want.
By copying someone else? Really if they dont know what they want they shouldnt get someone elses idea.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
The ink may be deep in the layers, but if your outer layer of skin is all scarred then the tattoo can be affected *personal experience*.

In anycase, its no reason not to get ink.

Jordy - really like your sleeve mate, the biomech does manage to blend pretty well seemlessly into the angel.

Ill echo the sentiment about "meanings" and all that garbage. Dali drew/painted some absolutely amazing pieces, do I know the meaning is? No. do I care? No. Is it still some damn freaking amazing art? Yes!