Any Adelaide rigid riders?

boyracer

Likes Dirt
Hey all, I haven't been on the trails too often in the last 10 years/15 kgs/3 kids. Is it really 17 years since the Cairns World cup????
Been roadie riding, CX and touring. I have passed eagle park about 1000 times since it was opened and decided i will roll on in soon. Oh, and it's now legal to ride cleland...black hill next please.

Building a full rigid at present with 3 x 9 or S/S with a disc eno. Sufferfest i know but it's what is in the cupboard at present.
Just something to ride on the cheap. Budget is <500 'cause student/kids/one wage.

I now only need rims/spokes and h'bars. Thinking risers?

Have room for 27.5...should i go that way? I rode Cairns WC tracks on a 29er recently and thought it OK but a bit too gangly. Not a definitive test i know. Shame, 'cause Niner carbon rigids give me a semi.

Any advice on SS gearing/ build/ tyres /routes appreciated.

See you in the dust.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
^ Thanks Ackland for the link.
My frame is a spesh alloy 26"...it was free.
Have a salsa cromoto fork to go on it. Still, how much for niner? steerer length?
I like the kit.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I'd stick with the 26" fork...

From what I've seen, 69ers or 96ers are just awful, especially if the frame wasn't designed for it.

no idea on 26" gearing for Adelaide. 32-18 should get you started though

boyracer

Likes Dirt
Niner fork would be for next build as there's always something going on in the shed.
69er does indeed look awful....
Someone else Pm'd with suggestion to go 26 too esp. if budget is tight.
As i can build my own wheels i at least have the option.
But probably will stick to 26 for bargains.

al_

Likes Dirt
Hey mate - I think I bought an eno hub from you years ago? I've got a full carbon 26" mtb fork spare in the cupboard if are looking for one. 455mm A - C and 220+mm steerer. If you are interested let me know, as I feel like I owe you for that hub. It is flawless after years of daily use and thousands of kms.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
yeah..that'd be me. Only bloke stupid enough to sell a white industries hub.
Good to hear it's doing you well.
Pm you about fork.

ads_11

Likes Bikes
I have just split up an SS 29er and sold the frame and fork so have a heap of stuff for sale if your interested.. Based in Adelaide as well..