Any advise on where to ride when visiting Vegas

Hi Guys,

Got a work holiday in Vegas at April and was hoping to do a bit of riding, any recommendations of riding in this area?

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
http://www.bootlegcanyon.net/

There is some awesome riding here, not exactly right in the heart of vegas, but 20ish minute drive. The rocks, there are lots of them and they are sharp.

That was a quick google search, but Bootleg canyon has a pretty big network of trails, from AM to XC to DH and even pumptracks and jumps littered all over the place. It's where the demo days are held when Interbike goes to vegas. I'm probably remembering it all with extremely hungover memories, but the place, is good! Hotter than hell though, time of year dependent obviously...

Last edited:
I had a work trip there in July. Went out to a small town called blue diamond, that was about 10 mins out of town. There is a shop there called mcghies that you can rent from, and they will supply a map of the local trails. They are the cottonwood trails in red rock canyon. Not too bad.

RealizE

Likes Bikes
Bump!

So I've got a work trip to Vegas at the end of October and have 2 free days. Are there any hot tips from people that have ridden near Vegas recently, specifically Bootleg Canyon?

There are several mobs offering "tours" which include bike hire and transport to/from the trails. Are there any recommendations or companies to avoid?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Scott.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
No idea who to recommend or avoid. I had a plan to ride Red Rock canyon there on a visit once but was too jet-lagged to get it together on the only day I had free.

Love to give it a crack one day.

Maybe the NV section of MTBR is worth a read.

slowmick

38-39"
Make sure you plan ahead, i was trying to organise it while i was in vegas and it was going to involve getting a car to drive down to bootleg. All got too hard really quickly.

I did the Blue Diamond Loop (out near redrock) it was a great day of trail riding / XC ish style trails. Was supposed to go to Bootleg with an experienced rider but he had a crash in the weeks leading up to it and was carrying an injury so I ended up taking a few beginners with me out here. Hired a car for the day to drive out and hired the bike from McGhies out at Blue Diamond. The trail head is a 5 min ride from the shop they were a good crew - happy to switch the brakes over to aussie format and bikes were in good nick - I loved my first leftie experience on a Bad Habit. There aren't many other facilities out there so get your food on the way out there. Ask them for the directions for the loop - they gave us a trail map and marked it out for us.
Bootleg would be way better for gravity oriented and Blue Diamond for trails / XC. If bootleg sounds more up your alley we were originally booked in with All Mountain Cyclery who offered a tour service where they pick you up from your hotel with your hire bike all ready to go, provide lunch and drop you home which seemed like great value. They were also really good about us having to cancel with late notice.
Pics are from Blue Diamond

Edit for typos and extra detail

Coopz

Likes Dirt
I went there in June the other year, 47c every day, cooling down to 34c at night. Be cool to cycle around the Grand Canyon tho.
White Trash Mecca..

safreek

Hooker hire and bike hire are probs the same price, I know which I would choose.
Might even get a rock chucked in