TAS FOUND: Any medium or large single pivot complete bikes, half complete bike or frame only

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Heat treatment is normally a bit of a problem for aluminium alloy welding isn't it?

Probably the easiest bodge repair would be to wrap the seat-tube with some carbon fibre and resin. Wouldn't look the best, but would be plenty strong if done well.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If only there was a frame repairer in Australia that people could trust.

Ride the frame til it does. Depending how you ride it could take along time. A bigger issue is going to be finding a frame that all your shit is direct compatible with. Almost everything will be easy except the rear hub...135x12mm.

This is pretty extreme rub.

Lucaw

Next in line
If only there was a frame repairer in Australia that people could trust.

Ride the frame til it does. Depending how you ride it could take along time. A bigger issue is going to be finding a frame that all your shit is direct compatible with. Almost everything will be easy except the rear hub...135x12mm.

This is pretty extreme rub.
The rear hub is a novatech 4 in 1 so it won't be a problem

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The rear hub is a novatech 4 in 1 so it won't be a problem
That's good. 142x12 is where you want to end up when the time comes. I've often longed for more 150x12mm options in short travel but it isn't often necessary.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Owch

Maybe you could get a cheap 30.9 seat post, cut it at the top and jam it down? It'll add some weight, but possibly also enough strength to stop it cracking (or help it not fall apart completely if it does)

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Lucaw

Next in line
For the moment it has a pvc sleeve over it so it shouldn’t fuck itself completely and the seat post goes down to there any way

Attachments

Lucaw

Next in line
But the bastard 210x62 shock that caused it is still on there, so I will need to get a shorter stroke length shock sometime soon to

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Pretty sure it was a 216x63 from factory. You sure it's a short shock issue?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Look what I just happened to find in the trading area! :p

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Owch

Maybe you could get a cheap 30.9 seat post, cut it at the top and jam it down? It'll add some weight, but possibly also enough strength to stop it cracking (or help it not fall apart completely if it does)

This feels like a good idea, assuming the op doesn't need too much penetration depth.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
i Think less stroke or a longer shock would fix the problem
You can reduce the stroke by adding nylon washers as spacers to the damper shaft, a pack of them will set you back all of $4 at Bunnings. It's not the nose elegant solution, but it gets the job done

I think there's something else at play though, that's way excessive. Wifeys frx came with a couple of rub marks that barely went through the paint. It's hard to imagine that happening without some big tyres and running super low in the travel for a long time. Is it definitely a 216x63 in there?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You can reduce the stroke by adding nylon washers as spacers to the damper shaft, a pack of them will set you back all of $4 at Bunnings. It's not the nose elegant solution, but it gets the job done

I think there's something else at play though, that's way excessive. Wifeys frx came with a couple of rub marks that barely went through the paint. It's hard to imagine that happening without some big tyres and running super low in the travel for a long time. Is it definitely a 216x63 in there?

A lot of big heavy bottom outs...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Welding with so little meat could be an issue with distortion. As suggested throw a cut off seat post down there after cleaning it up and scuffing with emery tape, use a good epoxy and then bond over the top with a reinforced fibre and resin.