Any Zwifters out there?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Also this race was mainly flat with max 5-6% climbing for the majority of the track…. Who puts a 10-12% for the final 2km?? Having not seen anyone for about 20minutes I caught a few on the final climb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I was all keen for trying out an Aussie Crit group tonight but got home too late. There was one that had down to E grade so thought that would be a good starting point.

Alas I ended up in a Korean one with only c grade as the lowest and just got smashed. I’ve never done anything like this except for an amateur real life C grade XC race at Hornsby years ago but that was only 3 laps of a track I knew well and being MTB had lots of rest period on the downs. I’ve never pedalled non stop for more than 20-30 minutes as far as I can remember. Everything is little foggy right now and I feel a bit like having a little vomit haha I’m a total lightweight

"E" is usually an extra class, or used for open in a training session situation. Pretty sure D is the lowest actual class, it should be a decent starting point provided it's not full of riders bagging sand.

Couple of tips
  • stay in a group, you can rest in the draft and go much faster on flats and descents. Also pushes you harder if you're in a group that's beyond you.
  • pay attention and if you start to get dropped, sprint to catch the group. You'll work harder for a few seconds but losing a pack will usually be harder to catch with a sustained effort, impossible even if the group is big enough.
  • don't use the MTB. They look great but they're a spectacular disadvantage on everything but the gravel rides.

I got more into this than I ever thought possible. Might have been a product of not having another option for months on end, but I haven't stopped since I started riding real bikes again

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Also this race was mainly flat with max 5-6% climbing for the majority of the track…. Who puts a 10-12% for the final 2km?? Having not seen anyone for about 20minutes I caught a few on the final climb.

Wait till you have a crack at the Alpe du zwift or Ven top. These roadie types are a different breed

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Are yous guys just connecting a regular Garmin HRM to the trainer ?
My Garmin HR doesn’t work as it’s an older Ant+ model. Kickr needs Bluetooth. So I’m borrowing my wife’s Garmin watch that has HR via Bluetooth.
Tossing up getting the same watch instead of shelling out $100 for another HR strap. Can use for multisport instead of my old 520 head unit.

Minlak

custom titis
My Garmin HR doesn’t work as it’s an older Ant+ model. Kickr needs Bluetooth. So I’m borrowing my wife’s Garmin watch that has HR via Bluetooth.
Tossing up getting the same watch instead of shelling out $100 for another HR strap. Can use for multisport instead of my old 520 head unit.

I have been using wrist hr on a watch for ages - trick is to tighten the watch strap to where it is comfortable - start using it - then loosen it one notch and check your hr again - tighten it two notches and check it - one of those 3 places will give you pretty accurate - the biggest killer is lag - I can finish a short sharp climb look at hr and it’s say 120 - 20 metres down the track it’s 160 as the watch sampling caught up. Newer watches are getting better at that though - have the Fenix 5 waiting on the 7

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Holy shit ! Its a massive thing on Zwift... weight doping, even reverse weigh doping. Stalking competitors on social media to gauge their actual weight the call them out as cheaters... its a bit serious.

The reverse weigh doping is a strange one, you are around top of C grade and enjoying it but your FTP improves and your w/kg increases into B grade level, not enjoying being a mid packer in B... add a few kilos and drop back down into podium mix in C.
Huge issue:
Can Zwift solve its cheating problem? - CyclingTips
ZwiftPower and Cheating at Zwift - How to Police Zwift Racing (bicycling.com)
Zwift Bans Two Pro Racers For Altering Data: An Explainer of Sorts | DC Rainmaker

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
:p I didnt even think about the settings, stats or data, I just got my son to set me up in a race and pedalled.

Will have another go tomorrow with my weight entered correctly.
My guess is you'll still get flagged for putting two people on the scales

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Is he having surgery / has he had it yet? o_O
Yes he had it Tue night, they set his radius and AC joint. Were happy with it and let him out Wed morning.

Wrist and Radius will heal in the cast, sling is for the AC.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yes he had it Tue night, they set his radius and AC joint. Were happy with it and let him out Wed morning.

Wrist and Radius will heal in the cast, sling is for the AC.
Didn't he do a collarbone as well? What happened with that?

Either way - he's braver than me. I could move around fairly comfortably with the collarbone snapped in half, but fuck me - the "skin two sizes too small" feeling post-surgery suuuuuuucked.