Anyone Bodged a hanger

safreek

Vealcake
It's like Kona and Orange had a coming together back in the early Noughties!

Perhaps it's a European frame?

No idea TBH but that hanger has that generic feel to it...I'd take up Ozzybmx's offer just to try the fit
Yeah, it's a bit of an odd frame, that's what made me want it

safreek

Vealcake
The hanger is straight out of the Taiwan catalogue.

I've been trying to remember brands with single pivots and can't get a match. Did anyone on here have a bear bike back in the day?
No idea what a bear bike is, although I once knew a Bear, good fella

safreek

Vealcake
Yeah I can't see it taking a decent stroke on the shock without some bottoming out occuring. Did the seller know what size shock it required??
Apparently he didn't know much about it.
With about half a centimetre from swingarm hitting the mainframe the shock would need to be about 165mm

safreek

Vealcake
38 is also super common. I busted a hanger out in Bush years ago...can’t remember what I was riding...@kingsill dragged an old hanger out of the bottom of his backpack, spare from a bike he’d sold years ago. Possibly an avanti. I scoffed at the possibility of it fitting. I was wrong. It also fitted a couple of other bikes in the fleet.
View attachment 361551
https://derailleurhanger.com/product/derailleur-hanger-38/
That's what I am hoping to happen, easy fix

safreek

Vealcake
Get a good look at what the dropout looks like, head to eBay and buy a $2 one.... from CHINA though.

My 2 boys were smashing them regular, I bodged up $2 ones each time, had 3-4 ready to go, lucky as one of them smashed one in Tassie.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KE-1PC-MTB-Bike-Rear-Gear-Mech-Derailleur-Hanger-Dropout-Convertor-Adapter-Si/264409543627?hash=item3d900973cb:m:mPkNizM8EFZnhi0Cs0U-Zbw

Just had a look, got these still, I'll send you one but it looks like you will need to do a bit of filing to get it to fit. The offset is is the right direction, spacing of the 'hole' looks close.

View attachment 361536
Hi mate, would gladly give one a go if you have one spare, any idea of what sort of file one neefs

ozzybmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi mate, would gladly give one a go if you have one spare, any idea of what sort of file one neefs
Maybe a flat and a med round file ? Not sure, it may fit without needing modifying. PM me your address, I'll get one off to you.