Anyone Bodged a hanger

safreek

Hey guys, any of you ever gotten a hanger to work in a different bike, I have a frame that I can't identify so cannot get the correct hanger.
Is there anything that may not work with this, incorrect alignment or something, wrong angle for it to work. I assume that the derailleur hole needs to be in the correct placement Thanks for any ideas

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Yep, sometimes you get one of the more generic beefy ones and file it down, what's the hanger spot look like?. Next time I was planning on getting one printed from shapeways if I broke the one on this old da bomb. Reminds me to scan it.

These were handy too for the backpack.

Attachments

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Put up a pic mate, one of us might have something that looks close enough to work

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Was there no serial number on the frame?

There's a Taiwanese company that makes massive likes of hangers. You could scroll their catalogue...someone else will have to remember their name though.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Photo whacked up, any help is good help. View attachment 361535
That looks a lot like Wheels Manufacturing DH-25

It's not exactly the same but I can't help think there's not too many hangers these days held in with chainring bolts.

Got a full frame pic?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Get a good look at what the dropout looks like, head to eBay and buy a $2 one.... from CHINA though.

My 2 boys were smashing them regular, I bodged up $2 ones each time, had 3-4 ready to go, lucky as one of them smashed one in Tassie.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KE-1PC-...hash=item3d900973cb:m:mPkNizM8EFZnhi0Cs0U-Zbw

Just had a look, got these still, I'll send you one but it looks like you will need to do a bit of filing to get it to fit. The offset is is the right direction, spacing of the 'hole' looks close.

safreek

That looks a lot like Wheels Manufacturing DH-25

It's not exactly the same but I can't help think there's not too many hangers these days held in with chainring bolts.

Got a full frame pic?
Yeah mate, tried asking on many sites to identify it, no luck so far. Has a strange shaped downtube

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The hanger is straight out of the Taiwan catalogue.

I've been trying to remember brands with single pivots and can't get a match. Did anyone on here have a bear bike back in the day?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Yep.

I reckon this is an xc frame. That raised mount for the swing arm...doesn't say huck or die, more huck and die.
Yeah I can't see it taking a decent stroke on the shock without some bottoming out occuring. Did the seller know what size shock it required??

moorey

call me Mia
38 is also super common. I busted a hanger out in Bush years ago...can’t remember what I was riding...@kingsill dragged an old hanger out of the bottom of his backpack, spare from a bike he’d sold years ago. Possibly an avanti. I scoffed at the possibility of it fitting. I was wrong. It also fitted a couple of other bikes in the fleet.

https://derailleurhanger.com/product/derailleur-hanger-38/