Anyone else been experiencing insanely slow page loading on RB the last month or so?

As the title suggests, is anyone else having insanely slow load time for RB pages on their computer? Noticed it early Jan. Despite every other site I visit having very quick load times, for some reason the RB one (from the home page through to the forum pages) is just outright sucking balls & at times failing to load the page in its entirety. Thought it must've been my computer so have done everything I can think of to resolve it including wiping the history, temp files, cookies etc, updating java etcetcetc but still it's sucking. Got me scratching my head.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I haven't noticed anything slow on a compute or a phone / tablet. People are saying Tapatalk i splaying up; are you using that?

stirk

Burner
It's a special setting the mods can activate when they want to piss off certain members.

stirk

Burner
What operating system are you using?
Which browser and version?
Is it the same using different browsers?
Do you have plugins installed in the browser, if yes disable them and see if that helps.

It's Windows 7 & I'm using Mozilla Firefox. Everything seems to be up to date & I've disabled the one plugin I was using for Origin with no change. As mentioned EVERY other webpage I open does so virtually straight away- it's only the RB pages which is mega slow. To quote Effie, much confusement.

Taptalk works fine for me.

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
To add to the help:

No. No issues at my end. It's definitely a special mod setting for you and you alone.

stirk

Burner
I had slowness and crashing trouble with one of the later versions of Firefox, I think it was version 32 and rolled back to earlier version and it's fine.

Resetting Firefox is also something I have done in the past to fix slowness and crash issues.

Try a reset but note, you do lose some previously saved preferences.

http://www.google.com.au/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=how+to+reset+firefox

I now mostly use Chrome as I find it the fastest browser on Windoze, but I like my Firefox plugins so it still gets used occasionally.

stirk

Burner
Reset Fix?

Happy to look into the issue further if you are still experiencing the slow load time.