Anyone Following The Rittenhouse Trial

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
I've been captivated by the farce that is the Kyle Rittenhouse Trial.

It's better than any shows currently being aired on our commercial TV screens.

It has everything you could want in a Hollywood blockbuster movie.. prosecution malfeasance, evidence tampering, jury intimidation a spineless defence team and the public doxxing of a mainstream media company resulting in it being banned from all proceedings.

The case even has BLM rioters getting their knickers in a twist... Yet the case is about a white kid who shot 3 white individuals. (All with extensive criminal histories)

Murica !!!

moorey

call me Mia
I've been captivated by the farce that is the Kyle Rittenhouse Trial.

It's better than any shows currently being aired on our commercial TV screens.

It has everything you could want in a Hollywood blockbuster movie.. prosecution malfeasance, evidence tampering, jury intimidation a spineless defence team and the public doxxing of a mainstream media company resulting in it being banned from all proceedings.

The case even has BLM rioters getting their knickers in a twist... Yet the case is about a white kid who shot 3 white individuals. (All with extensive criminal histories)

Murica !!!
You sound like you’re veiling your support of him pretty thinly. Why point out that the people he shot ‘had extensive criminal histories’, like he knew that before shooting them?
He traveled 20 miles, across state lines, with a gun he wasn’t legally allowed to possess, to ‘protect’ property he had no business with.
He was treated like royalty by police after handing himself in.
Ask yourself what would have happened if he was black? He’s the perfect poster boy for racist white privilege.

Last edited:

crash3

Likes Dirt
What's everyone's thoughts on his crying on the stand? I was a bit convinced the first time I saw the clip on my phone, but once I watched on a bigger screen looked to be pretty fake. If you're going to be full on sobbing to the point you can't continue, there'd be tears, no?

And didn't the judge get a selfie with him at some point? Clearly he's going to be very impartial with his decision making.

FoxRidersCo

I'm not supporting his actions in any way.

I'm merely saying with all the crap going on around the case it should be grounds for a mistrial at the least.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
You sound like your veiling your support of him pretty thinly. Why point out that the people he shot ‘had extensive criminal histories’, like he knew that before shooting them?
He traveled 20 miles, across state lines, with a gun he wasn’t legally allowed to possess, to ‘protect’ property he had no business with.
He was treated like royalty by police after handing himself in.
Ask yourself what would have happened if he was black? He’s the perfect poster boy for racist white privilege.
Whilst I'm sure you and I are on the same page about this dickhead and what he represents, none of the above has any bearing on whether he fired in self defence.

That being said, I'm not following the trial, there's too much madness in the US at the moment to be across all of it.

moorey

call me Mia
That being said, I'm not following the trial, there's too much madness in the US at the moment to be across all of it.
I’m not following a second of it. I took in plenty at the time, and knew then where this would end up when silver haired white men took the reins.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
He had charges of carrying a dangerous weapon dropped because apparently the law didn’t apply to long guns…

Hope I can do some more travelling in the US before it totally falls apart! But the time is coming when it jsut self destructs.

The worrying part is seeing things steadily tracking the same direction here and around the world.

moorey

call me Mia
Putting yourself in situation that you could have avoided then claiming self defence when what you expected to happen did happen. Sigh....
Including knowing that your white privilege would get you off the hook.
I haven’t and don’t plan to follow this story, but assume there will be more BLM protests/riots over this decision, and more excuses for right wing kooks to protest the protests and kill people.

FoxRidersCo

I seriously thought he'd at least be charged on some of the lessers...

No one foresaw a full acquittal in this case.

I wouldn't want to be in the USA right now, it's going to get messy.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Including knowing that your white privilege would get you off the hook.
I haven’t and don’t plan to follow this story, but assume there will be more BLM protests/riots over this decision, and more excuses for right wing kooks to protest the protests and kill people.
I haven't followed it either but the result was predictable.

It sure would have been different if the tables were reversed. I will be surprised if there isn't some car torching and window smashing going on over night unless the police have the whole place secured.