Anyone in Canberra have any red ano Spank parts?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I've purchased a Spank Split stem that's supposed to be red but is closer to purple.

MTB Direct, the retailer from which I purchased the stem is being helpful and trying to get a better version of the stem from the supplier.

What they've asked me to do is take a pic of my stem next to a properly coloured red Spank item, which I don't have myself, of course.

So I'm looking for anyone in Canberra that might have a red Spank item, which I could sit next to my stem in a pic (mostly to show that's it's not the camera that is not sowing how far off-colour this items is) so they can hit up the supplier and get something better sent out to me.

Anyone in Canberra got any red spank items I could use in a pic? Happy to come to you, would take all of two minutes of your time.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The burners on here only bling in purple. I am surprised you have not got an offer on here to buy it already.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
@johnny I think I have a set of Spank junior lock on grips on Mr 5's old bike that have red ano lockrings. I'd be happy to send them to you for comparison purposes. I'll need them back eventually, but no rush.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
@johnny I think I have a set of Spank junior lock on grips on Mr 5's old bike that have red ano lockrings. I'd be happy to send them to you for comparison purposes. I'll need them back eventually, but no rush.
Hey LC, thanks for the offer, appreciated. I'm really over trying to get this bike complete, so I'm not going to inconvenience anyone from outside of the ACT (others have offered as well). I'm getting MTBDirect to send pics of what they have in stock. IF they are better, I will exchange, if not, I'll bite the bullet and just use what I have. Thanks again.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Would they be happy with a photo of it next to something that is a known red. Maybe a Coke can or Kit Kat wrapper.
Already did that, next to an assortment of red pens.

I'm moving to the point of just getting over it. It would have been great if I could have built it up precisely as I wanted it, but aesthetics now need to take a back seat to riding the thing. (I have a second bike waiting for the bars and stem that are currently on the Hyrax.