Anyone show us around?

krooges

Squid
A mate and I are heading down from Brissy to Canberra from Friday 10/6 to Wednesday 15/6 and it would be really great if some locals could show us around a bit. We are mainly XC riders, but not afraid of a bit of air either. I ride an '05 NRS2 and my mate has an '05 Prophet.

We have a map of Majura (like everyone else) but for any of those "special" places we have no idea.

Cheers
Krooges

krooges

Squid
How far away from Canberra is Nowra? Can you direct me to a link or something so I can have a look at what is going on there?

krooges

Squid
Thanks for that. I think I'll be staying in Canberra and looking around the local tracks, unless there is a XC comp close by.

Anyone up for a ride?

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Krooges,
If XC is your thing then give Sparrow Hill a look.
I'm not sure if I'll be getting out there that weekend but I'll put the word out with some mates who hit it up regularly and see if anyone has plans.
Will you have access to a car? It's about 20 minutes out of town.

krooges

Squid
Thanks for the tip. Not sure about the car yet. My riding buddy is pretty familiar with the area but has taken up MTBing after he left the ACT. So I think he knows some general areas, but not specific tracks etc.

I'll keep an eye out for your posts closer to the weekend. If your looking to be out for a ride I'll send mobile number etc via PM.

R33F

Likes Bikes and Dirt
krooges said:
A mate and I are heading down from Brissy to Canberra from Friday 10/6 to Wednesday 15/6
I am heading down to Canberra around the 15/6 for 2 days. I am planning on taking the bike with me. I have never ridden down there before, but if you are riding Majura I would be keen to check it out.

Last edited:

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can show you around majura if you want (but im a DH'er, so yer) and have a reasonable understanding of the XC in Majura, so If you wanna come out on saturday after two, sunday or monday, I can show you around.

krooges

Squid
Well, we're back home now. Thanks for the tips. We rode the Sparrow Hill loop in the rain on Saturday, and then Majura on Monday. You guy's have got it good down there - so much variety.

Cheers
Krooges

demo man

Used to be cool.
hey, i think i met you lot, i was the kid on a Demo 9, i think i met you at the place known as Disneyland or the north shore - that little jump track.

anyway, sorry i didn't look at this post BEFORE you came, i probably could have hepled you out with atleast some more maps of riding spots and directions. oh well, glad you had a good time and yes, we do have it great!

Chow