Anyone still doing this?

ManualPear

Cannon Fodder
With the last post on this board made almost a year ago, it’s probably safe to assume that there is a struggle to find anyone who still brushes off the cobwebs on their trials bike and gets out and about. But shit, worth a try in case there is one or two people still around who find the idea of this sport interesting, right?

I mean, with some guys overseas creating some incredible videos of their street trials efforts, on almost any sort of bike, this sport is not limited to owners of seatless squeakers (if you’re using rim brakes). However, I’ve yet to find anyone else in Sydney who gets out and tries it, or even wants to, and that’s a bit disheartening. In urban areas, we are spoilt for choice, developers are putting in tonnes of obstacles without realizing it, and the fun to be had is limitless.

I know guys exist who still own these bikes, or more accurately, trying to sell these bikes, so who the hell has been buying them? And who the hell wants to risk life and limb (slight exaggeration) in learning to do this shit? That’s right, I’m on the lookout for anyone who wants to ride street trials, learn it, whatever. Regardless of what bike you’re on, if you have a bit of interest, here’s your chance.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I want to. See how much it differs from the motor variety. Yamahaha have or are going to bring out an electric trials bike. Interested in that too. Not so noisy. Just have to convince the wife to let me build a rock wall at this place, last one doubled as a waterfall. With tyre marks.

ManualPear

Cannon Fodder
I want to. See how much it differs from the motor variety. Yamahaha have or are going to bring out an electric trials bike. Interested in that too. Not so noisy. Just have to convince the wife to let me build a rock wall at this place, last one doubled as a waterfall. With tyre marks.
Took me a while to get back here. Should give it a go, especially if you have the motor variety sort of trials under your belt. Its tough as hell, but fun.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Took me a while to get back here. Should give it a go, especially if you have the motor variety sort of trials under your belt. Its tough as hell, but fun.
I competed for a few years last century, had various trials bikes for 15 years. Last was an HRC, lovely machine.

From what I can fins the TY-E will be revealled later this year.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
electric trials bikes have been out for a little while now, but trials motos were never really that noisy anyway, even being 2 bangers!
I was going to get into it a while back, but was going to cost me too much just to dip the toes and see if I could do it!
would still love to have a crack if I could get my hands on something sweet from Zoo, Czar or Echo

droctagon

Likes Dirt
I've still got my bike available if any of you guys are interested. The ad is back up in the trading section.

Last edited:

kaotickelly

Likes Dirt
I just took my FourPlay out of storage, but the brakes need a bleed or a new one altogether, other than that all it needs is some enthusiasm from me! :p

My forearms shrink a lot in the years due to lack of grip ... heh

Binaural

Eats Squid
Bike trials is awesome - when I was younger I used to love working away at dealing with a set of obstacles. Was never athletic enough to compete, but used to surprise myself with what you could achieve with patience and being willing to try the same move a bunch of times. Sadly no time in my life now, it's hard enough to get trail time, but still like to ride sections without putting a foot down.

bbspecial

Likes Dirt
The bike trials scene seems to be pretty MIA at the moment? Just picked up an old mod bike to learn on. Are there any group around other than bike trials australia & victoria on FB? I'm currently in the Blue Mountains, but might be down to pop into Sydney if there are more keen people around.

D

Deleted member FN2187

I'm keen but in Canberra. In Sydney almost every second weekend though.
I'm in Canberra and the trials scene here is all but extinct. I sold my mod a few years back. I'd get back into it if there were people to ride with. So if you do give me a holler. I wouldn't mind a street trials bike.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
There's definitely a small, committed crew in Melbourne.
One of the guys I work with is a consistent street trials tragic. It's actually the only style of bike he rides/owns really.
And he competes in a few local comps too.

spikenet

Likes Dirt
I'm in Canberra and the trials scene here is all but extinct. I sold my mod a few years back. I'd get back into it if there were people to ride with. So if you do give me a holler. I wouldn't mind a street trials bike.
There is a regular crew in canberra. Alex and Seb just took over biketrials direct and are trying to get something happening again in Canberra. I did a meetup in Sydney with them last weekend.
I'm on Central Coast so even less of a scene up this way!

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
OK, thread grave dig.... but, does anyone have a trails bike they could loan the meat sock.... just for a try, or have a really shite one they are willing to part with for a few coins or trade some life robbing chillis...

S

just moved one bike on partially... before wife see's the meat sock typing this... N+1 and all that

SLB

On trial in Sydney
I have started a Facebook page called ‘Sydney Trials rides’. I’m trying to ride street regularly on (usually) a Wednesday night in the city cbd or pyrmont. Also ride on weekends at spots on the coast - clovelly, Gordon’s bay, maroubra etc. Get in touch if you want to get into riding.