Anyone used bike24?

moorey

call me Mia
643C7044-B84A-4692-BE02-6A0A801BB848.png
B79AA5D3-918D-4186-8F4B-25F26CF2B978.png
2nd...and last set of forks bought from them. Last set were packed terribly, loose in a thin box with holes in it.
This time, just as bad, maybe worse. Paper thin box with one piece of tape over the end...that was unstuck...holes in box, fork not wrapped at all, and could have slipped out any time.
Initial response from them was ‘you didn’t refuse to accept, it’s your problem’. Kind of like as kids where if you touched something last, you had to deal with it.
Small town PO (with limited English), I talked to them about it when it arrived, and took pics, complaining about the condition, but they didn’t say anything about me having the right to refuse it.
After a series of emails, Bike24 say I can send it back. I’m not going to, miraculously the fork appears ok, but will NEVER purchase something easily damaged from them again. Have heard others say the same about them, and even have empty, damaged boxes arrive.
Other places ship cheaper, or free, with better packing. Not worth a couple of dollars, and the risk IMHO.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks abnormal in the amount of tape they graved your box with. My first and only order with them was a large thin walled box, one corner ripped off and the rest crushed, with one loop of cheap tape coming unstuck all over, and a miracle nothing was missing or damaged. I guess they figure on the basis of probability it's still more economical this way even if a few packages die unnatural deaths along the way. Ie customer is def not first with these guys.

Edit: graced

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I've done a couple of spoke orders through them. Main thing I've found is that the boxes are a tad excessive for a bundle of spokes, but they've been well packed.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I had a big shit fight with Australia post and bike24 about a delivered torn box with nothing in it. In the end bike24 refunded most of the money.

The delivery chunt handed me the box with a torn bit on the bottom of the box and it wasn't until he took two steps back into his van that I had noticed and called him back but by then I had already signed for it.

teK--

Eats Squid
View attachment 344330 View attachment 344331 2nd...and last set of forks bought from them. Last set were packed terribly, loose in a thin box with holes in it.
This time, just as bad, maybe worse. Paper thin box with one piece of tape over the end...that was unstuck...holes in box, fork not wrapped at all, and could have slipped out any time.
Initial response from them was ‘you didn’t refuse to accept, it’s your problem’. Kind of like as kids where if you touched something last, you had to deal with it.
Small town PO (with limited English), I talked to them about it when it arrived, and took pics, complaining about the condition, but they didn’t say anything about me having the right to refuse it.
After a series of emails, Bike24 say I can send it back. I’m not going to, miraculously the fork appears ok, but will NEVER purchase something easily damaged from them again. Have heard others say the same about them, and even have empty, damaged boxes arrive.
Other places ship cheaper, or free, with better packing. Not worth a couple of dollars, and the risk IMHO.
After all these years and likely thousands of complaints about their shitty packaging you think they'd up their game... To be honest I've been close several times to putting in another order with them, but all I can think about each time is the slow shipping and shitty packaging before emptying my cart again.

moorey

call me Mia
Took me 4 years to weaken after last purchase. Seen plenty of things I wanted, and were well priced, but nope. These mattocs at $420 delivered couldn’t be ignored. The don’t include the essential travel spacers that can’t be bought separately AFAIK, which wasn’t mentioned when I bought, but says so now since my emails.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I had a faulty dropper post from them. It was binding at about 70% of extension and needed to be lifted by hand.

I filmed it and send an email to the service department. Guy I emailed back and forth with was good. Obvious issue, send it back.

So I sent it back and was shocked to have a different person tell me there was no issue with the post when they tested it.

Weirdest thing of all was that they refunded my purchase price and kept it. I was left out of pocket for shipping, had no post to prove it was faulty and was pulling my hair out trying to get a better outcome.

I order from Hibike now and have a much better experience.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Was it you that got the empty box?
Yes Boomy and I lost 66 spokes and nipples. I ordered a few the year before and the box arrived a bit damaged but the spokes were still in there. It's a bit of a shame because all they need to do is wrap them in plastic and mail them, rather than put them in a big box.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Took me 4 years to weaken after last purchase. Seen plenty of things I wanted, and were well priced, but nope. These mattocs at $420 delivered couldn’t be ignored. The don’t include the essential travel spacers that can’t be bought separately AFAIK, which wasn’t mentioned when I bought, but says so now since my emails.
Dougal can supply spacers.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Yes Boomy and I lost 66 spokes and nipples. I ordered a few the year before and the box arrived a bit damaged but the spokes were still in there. It's a bit of a shame because all they need to do is wrap them in plastic and mail them, rather than put them in a big box.
I had a faulty dropper post from them. It was binding at about 70% of extension and needed to be lifted by hand.

I filmed it and send an email to the service department. Guy I emailed back and forth with was good. Obvious issue, send it back.

So I sent it back and was shocked to have a different person tell me there was no issue with the post when they tested it.

Weirdest thing of all was that they refunded my purchase price and kept it. I was left out of pocket for shipping, had no post to prove it was faulty and was pulling my hair out trying to get a better outcome.

I order from Hibike now and have a much better experience.
Even better. Just checked and Hibike have exactly what I need at a great price.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
In my experience of ze germans Bike-components.de have always had the best packing but they have a different range to bike24. Bike24 are ok as long as you order enough to get one of their more rectangular rather than the long boxes. The rectangular boxes tend to be tougher and get more packing material and tape on the edges.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

ButtersNZ

Squid
www.bikeinn.com have been good for Shimano parts. They're based in Spain. Have been very good with altering orders in the past, after I've paid and changed my mind etc.

$58 AUD each for 203mm Icetech RT99 CL rotors.
$32 for M820 Saint finned metal pads.

That beats anywhere else I've found.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I still buy from Bike24 and currently waiting on a package now... but to be honest, I'd rather buy elsewhere but no other shop has the range that Bike24 has.
As you probably know, Bike24 was bought by Wiggle-CRC last year and if they meddle in what they said they were going to do with CRC, it will end up a shit place to buy from.
Wiggle promised CRC would remain a separate company, they have moved many departments from NI to England, redundancies every month since the acquisition in 2016, sackings, shift changes making it unworkable for people, no pay rises since takeover and a massive reduction in customer service.