Anyone used bike24?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yep crc are pretty much dead to me now. If they have their hands on bike24 then I might as well get comfy with the competitors.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
CRC was a family owned business that went viral, their early adoption of internet sales turned them into a massive player. The acquisition by Wiggle was to make Wiggle twice the size with its main competitor now part of its empire.
I pretty much buy everything from the Aus sites or Bike24 now but always look at the other German sellers to compare.
Bought nothing from Wiggle for a long time, bought a few cheap as shit things from CRC recently (kids shoes and TLD shorts at 75% off) but the way they are treating their staff, it would need to be a give away from now on.
Seems to me Wiggle eliminated their only competitor when they bought CRC and since then had no one to compete with so the prices have went up, the good deals stopped, sale codes stopped, geoblocking kicked in and custo service is non existent. CRC, when family owned, used to put money into MTB trails and local cycling, that's gone too now I believe.
I have a $130 Exposure Blaze rear light bought from CRC that turns itself off intermittently, it has to be returned to the UK for warranty processing, still sitting here.
Will be hard for them to screw the prices in Bike24 as there are currently 4-5 German competitors that will reap the rewards, what they can do is screw the employees... which only results in them moving to work at competitors or leaving the scene altogether, the customer service hits rock bottom, the work attitude of the employees plummets and all in all, end up with a shit buying experience. Interesting times ahead...

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
CRC went downhill when our dollar dropped, I've still got stuff here I didn't even need and just bought because it was so cheap. It's just like the other Aussie online store that was almost on the brink of bust that thinks their superior management skills saved them. Hardly anyone I knew In 2010 bought high priced items except for complete bikes from here.

teK--

Eats Squid
CRC went downhill when our dollar dropped, I've still got stuff here I didn't even need and just bought because it was so cheap. It's just like the other Aussie online store that was almost on the brink of bust that thinks their superior management skills saved them. Hardly anyone I knew In 2010 bought high priced items except for complete bikes from here.
I think I was getting fortnightly deliveries from Wiggle or CRC. When the dollar was good, geo blocking didn't exist, and free shipping almost always meant dhl express courier. Life was great.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I think I was getting fortnightly deliveries from Wiggle or CRC. When the dollar was good, geo blocking didn't exist, and free shipping almost always meant dhl express courier. Life was great.
Yep, no geo blocking and free shipping was good.

moorey

call me Mia
I've ordered tyres, 5-10's and some random small parts that weren't in stock which they just ordered from supplier. I received my order 1.5 months later though haha.
Yeah, this worries me...particularly with the patchy availability of 26” EXO tyres...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The trick when buying from Bike24 is only buy items that are listed as " In stock, delivery time 1-3 days " if its says anything different, it delays the whole order as they dont send the stuff that is in stock till they get the whole order together. I'm anal about checking everything on my list says this before hitting checkout.
I waited 2 weeks before on an order to be packed as I missed one that was " Delivery time 5-8 days "... best about it, it was a packet of 10 valve cores, which delayed a $750 order.

Be careful when ordering German parts like Syntace, Tune, Continental ect... they are less likely to hold big stock of stuff they can get relatively quickly from a local company.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Don't trust this company, just had a look at my credit card invoice and they only refunded $11.25 of the $119.22. F@#ken ripoff scum all they are.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Received a package from bike24 this week and the type of box everything was packed in looked exactly like the one in moorey's photos and description on the top of page 2. Using a automobile analogy, it looked like the box had run up the arse of someone in front, then got rear-ended itself. Fortunately, some decent soul at AusPost applied a heap of tape to both ends to hold the thing together during it's domestic transit. I appear to be very lucky in that the poorly packed items within - most loosely tossed in and some brown packing paper stuffed in on top = were all present and intact upon opening and checking against the order.

Just another example of bike24's shit packaging, and a rare compliment to Aussie Post for actually caring for a change. Everything I've purchased from bike-components and r2-bike has always been well packed and protected in decent quality boxes.

upload_2018-6-9_12-48-22.png

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Received a package from bike24 this week and the type of box everything was packed in looked exactly like the one in moorey's photos and description on the top of page 2. Using a automobile analogy, it looked like the box had run up the arse of someone in front, then got rear-ended itself. Fortunately, some decent soul at AusPost applied a heap of tape to both ends to hold the thing together during it's domestic transit. I appear to be very lucky in that the poorly packed items within - most loosely tossed in and some brown packing paper stuffed in on top = were all present and intact upon opening and checking against the order.

Just another example of bike24's shit packaging, and a rare compliment to Aussie Post for actually caring for a change. Everything I've purchased from bike-components and r2-bike has always been well packed and protected in decent quality boxes.

View attachment 345271
Yeah, their packaging is flimsy as! I was concerned when I ordered a set of wheels from them 15 months ago. Surprisingly the box was undamaged.

IME, Starbike, hibike and bike components use much sturdier packaging.

Flow-Rider

Burner

View attachment 345271
If there was something missing out of there, once you accept the box you have no hope of getting anything out of them. They're just a bunch of wankers, all they needed to do for me was send austpost's claim number to DHL and I would have received almost all the money back but instead they play the game of sending emails that get no where.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, their packaging is flimsy as! I was concerned when I ordered a set of wheels from them 15 months ago. Surprisingly the box was undamaged.

IME, Starbike, hibike and bike components use much sturdier packaging.
Most wheels they don’t stock or touch, it seems, thankfully. My mate ordered hoops from bike24 recently, and they were dispatched straight from the UK in Hopes Bonza boxes

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unfortunately if people keep shopping with them they will continue this fuckwittery!!!
may be a non issue when the Government start trying to make o/s retailers tax collectors! Bike 24, like many other stores may choose to block purchases from Australia.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
may be a non issue when the Government start trying to make o/s retailers tax collectors! Bike 24, like many other stores may choose to block purchases from Australia.
Or just not comply, which is probably easier for them.