Anyone used Sendle?

nathanm

Eats Squid
Looking at sending some wheels from Tassie to the mainland. Looks like Aust Post want $80 odd bucks but sendle are apparently only $31.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Looking at sending some wheels from Tassie to the mainland. Looks like Aust Post want $80 odd bucks but sendle are apparently only $31.
I have a couple of times. Worked sweet door to door both times. That was around 12 month ago though, not sure if their services are affected by covid like auspost.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I use sendle for all domestic and international now.

Very cheap. 1.5kg into Malaysia was 50 bucks. Domestically they use the likes of couriers please and Fastway so indeed not the fastest but cheap.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I've used it a few times. It seems better value for some bulkier parcels than Aus Post. It's convenient that they send door to door rather than the sender having to take the parcel to the post office.

I'm surprised about the $80 shipping estimate, how heavy are the wheels?
The wheels I sent you a while back cost around $15 to ship, from memory. I packed them so that they went by weight and not cubic.

nathanm

Eats Squid
I've used it a few times. It seems better value for some bulkier parcels than Aus Post. It's convenient that they send door to door rather than the sender having to take the parcel to the post office.

I'm surprised about the $80 shipping estimate, how heavy are the wheels?
The wheels I sent you a while back cost around $15 to ship, from memory. I packed them so that they went by weight and not cubic.
yeah that's a good point actually. They'd be light around 2-3kgs, but it's the cubic size thats the issue. I overestimated at 70x70x30cm if i packed them in a standard wheel box and its $77.70. i guess I could jam them into a smaller size but even 70x70x20 is still $55 odd bucks. I'm fairly sure they changed the rules in regards to packages recently and are gouging on cubic sizes.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
yeah that's a good point actually. They'd be light around 2-3kgs, but it's the cubic size thats the issue. I overestimated at 70x70x30cm if i packed them in a standard wheel box and its $77.70. i guess I could jam them into a smaller size but even 70x70x20 is still $55 odd bucks. I'm fairly sure they changed the rules in regards to packages recently and are gouging on cubic sizes.
My local Post Office is awesome, it's a family run PO/tuck shop. They have only ever weighed the parcels I need to post. A week ago I sent a wheel and rim to NSW for about $15, it weighed a shade over 2kg.
Did you do the estimate online or in person? I find you get a better price by taking it in for them to check, but maybe it's a depends on the mood of the person you get.

nathanm

Eats Squid
My local Post Office is awesome, it's a family run PO/tuck shop. They have only ever weighed the parcels I need to post. A week ago I sent a wheel and rim to NSW for about $15, it weighed a shade over 2kg.
Did you do the estimate online or in person? I find you get a better price by taking it in for them to check, but maybe it's a depends on the mood of the person you get.
Online estimate. The good local PO has closed leaving just one in the city and they are straighter than a ruler unfortunately. Its hard enough as it is to get things to/from Tassie in a reasonable timeframe, just ask @moorey

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had some forks sent to me about a month ago using sendle. Victoria to NSW took less than a week during isolation time.
Also had Moorey send me a frame a week later using AusPost. Moorey has issues with the guy at the PO wanting to cube the parcel which added $30 onto the cost. He ended up going off weight but the kicker was that if it got checked before it arrived they may have charged me the difference upon collection. Arrived without extra cost in the end.
Moorey may be able to clarify.