Arachnids (spiders)

sprocket

Likes Dirt
Golden orbs instinctively drop if you go through there webs, but it still doesn't help if they get stuck between the gap in gap between your full face and goggles is you hit one at that height.. Always gotta love a good ol fashioned spider dance.. There were tons off different spiders across the trails this morning, to the point I got off and just pushed through a section...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I'm that guy that catches the spiders in the house and puts them outside rather than standing on them.
I'm the guy who leaves them where they are. They keep the moths and mozzies to a minimum, and if I feel like a little quiet time I'll sit under the sucker, and enjoy the wide berth the wife and squids give us.

These ugly brutes, however, straight to the bin.

Oh and as previously mentioned, running naked, headlong into the steel cables of an orb's Web can still cause a little unease.

rone

Eats Squid
Gave a wolf spider an exciting ride into town in the airbox of the moto last week. He seemed quite happy to get out of there as soon as I had parked up. Felt bad just leaving him there in a carpark, so I used a gloved hand to relocate him into a better spot.

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Have still never recovered from riding through a web across a trail and finding the worlds biggest golden orb on my arm, dived for the dirt instantly. Rule of thumb, never be the first in the group first thing in the morning.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
white tail spiders aren't venomous. they are a dirty spider, which is where the flesh eating thing originates -its the large amount of bacteria that they carry that causes infection if not correctly treated.

Matt H

Eats Squid
I loath spiders so much. I literally hate them more than pretty much any other living thing.

There's a spider living near my front gate. I hate it so much that instead of just killing it I destroy its web twice a day and knock the dead insects out of it so it starves.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Had a good one on a night group ride the other week. We were bombing down a pretty disused firetrail with shed loads of branches/ bark/ leaves kicking up everywhere. One of the blokes looked down to see a Huntsman sitting on his stem, which then proceeded to hightail it towards his nuts along the top tube!

stirk

Burner
I loath spiders so much. I literally hate them more than pretty much any other living thing.

There's a spider living near my front gate. I hate it so much that instead of just killing it I destroy its web twice a day and knock the dead insects out of it so it starves.
Wow that's some huge fear you are holding there.

I hope it bites you.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
. No one has died from any spider bite in aus for a loooong time. Sure they will make you sick, but htfu.
More to do with first aid and medical response/anti venom than just tuffing it out.

The spider in the Op looks like an orbweaver of some kind. Tho I firmly believe spiders cross breed. I had a spider living in a cactus once that had classed white tailed shape and dots with a distinct red stripe on it's underside. Mutant feck freaked me out every time I saw it.

but as for freak outs badarse looks go to the red headed mouse spider

DSCF0359M-Mouse-Spider-Missulena-occatoria.JPG

and their females look like funnelweb gym junkies
4625885859_a2ac5120fc_b.jpg

but it's the squirrel spiders you need to look out for

a359a584d3f5b874516bd8948b05ab2f.jpg