Are Hip Packs Cool ???

binner

Hath shat hymself
...well, I am still riding with my Bontrager hip pac here in stinkin hot humid QLD. Haven't used my camelpak since. The webbing still has heaps of elasticity, zips still intact, I've had a few off and its still in good shape. The one thing that people say is how do you drink while riding, well.... I don't, when I stop I drink, if I'm that thirsty or really need to quench the thirst I just pull over, not that much of a pain, but dudes make out it would be such a hassle.....
I'm off to Tassies this Thursday for a week of riding so I'm going to take both the camel and the hip and see how i go on the loooong rides. I will proll end up doing a frozen bottle in cage and then a bottle in hip and see how that goes.

stirk

Burner
I have a 3litre camel back, I've never filled it to the top, I guess it'll come in handy when I ride non stop to BIRDSVILLE !!!!!
Global warming says you'll need that 3l bladder full for a 1hour ride in tens years!

I carry extra water than I need, some friends don't carry enough and run out, I'm that camel.

Bum bags or whatever you call them can go and get eaten by a 3foot wide hungry butt with camel toe envy.

These large hip sacks look ok although I'd expect less shoulder straps for the comfort factor other wise they seem similar to a full pack anyway.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I use every type of device =
1.frame bag ideal for commuting /touring but doesnt fit duellies,
2. handlebar bag too ghey for mtbikes ,OK on tourers/gravels carrying batteries ,
3.above bar bag on duelly w dropperpost ,
when all else fails4. Deuter backpack with camelback or
5.truly retro bumbag now remarketed as hip pack
6. big behind seat bag for duelly w. no frame bottle carrier.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
The Henty pack looks pretty awesome, I have a basic Camelback without a belt strap and it likes to whack me in the back of the head every now and then.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just received my Henty Enduro Bumbag, Hippack, man purse .

And its Awesome !

Will test tomorrrow .

My little camelback is feeling faded , muddy and sweaty , has been a good jigger - i wore it every day from August to May for 6 years - its had a couple of bladders , only recently i have started crashing on it .
Getting unco in my older age ! IMG_1901.jpgIMG_1902.JPG

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The follow up to the "New Bum Pack / Hip Hugger "

Its great , really comfortable , no sweaty back , doesn't seem to jiggle about once adjusted - done up .

Would Recommend .

Warp

Likes Dirt
The follow up to the "New Bum Pack / Hip Hugger "

Its great , really comfortable , no sweaty back , doesn't seem to jiggle about once adjusted - done up .

Would Recommend .
Sikh, bro!

Can you post a pic of it loaded?
Cheers

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Nice one Rex.

Ok, finally pulled the trigger on a bum bag much to the wifes disgust.

Skingrowsback bdouble, came up a treat (ive also got their saddle bag and rate it 10:10 so hopefully the bum bag will be just as awesome).

Sadly its under the xmas tree so i wont get to take it out for a spin just yet but i cannot wait to ditch the camelbak for my local rides!

Travis.

Travis.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh nice , camelback good - but hip pack Much Better !

practice your twerking ...........'coz babys got back , low and slow '

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
On these Henty packs is there anywhere to strap / hold pads, or a chin guard of a convertible helmet?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
On these Henty packs is there anywhere to strap / hold pads, or a chin guard of a convertible helmet?
Yes. They have those army style webbing loops. So you would need some velcro straps.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mr Adonis

Likes Bikes
Was always thinking of buying a hip pack / bum bag for mtb rides.
As my bike has room for cage bottle on frame, i just wanted room for storing things
Looked online, but far-out, they are expensive! For a good one youre looking at over $80.
Was actually planning on buying the Bontrager Hip-pack today, but I thought of having a look inside Aussie Disposals to see if they had anything that I wanted - BINGO!! Their Hip pack they have is perfect, stacks of room, very comfy, storage compartments galore..and the best thing, it was $29, on special from $39.

Capture.JPG

Scotty T

Walks the walk
That Disposals one looks great, I was thinking of something smaller for rides when I don't need to carry much because I bought an Enduro, but it's pretty large.

Still it's awesome, felt heaps more comfy than Camelbak and obviously didn't hit me in the head every time I went over a decent hump. Mine actually came with the zipper tab on the rear compartment accidentally sewn into the bag with a single loop of thread, I emailed Henty and got a very fast reply, saying I could try and cut corner of the tab off (which was what I was already thinking) and if that wasn't satisfactory I could send it back, either way they would send me a cap for my trouble. Wife and I managed to vary carefully hold and cut the zip tab, and it's all good.

Have been pinging a few messages back and forth about riding in the snow on Saturday and Derby riding. Clearly absolute champions and a fantastic bit of kit.