Are you kidding?

Jervis

Likes Dirt
Thanks because I've never seen that before. Wade Simmons doesn't look ancient, wow. Johnny Waddell riding hardcore sh*t instead of XC Enduro's. This vid is old!

Is there any information on this trail? eg. is it still there today? has anyone got new photo's and/or footage of the track.

Staunch

Eats Squid
My internet has capped so the vid would take like 10 hours to load but if it's the one i'm thinking of I have a DVD of the 2003 one at Jindabyne, it's pretty cool expect for the fact that there's no footage of Hill, expect at the end (even though he won) because he wasn't sponsored by Red Bull :rolleyes:
It's great to watch, Rennie throws down a 3 up the step-up on a big travel dually :p

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My internet has capped so the vid would take like 10 hours to load but if it's the one i'm thinking of I have a DVD of the 2003 one at Jindabyne, it's pretty cool expect for the fact that there's no footage of Hill, expect at the end (even though he won) because he wasn't sponsored by Red Bull :rolleyes:
It's great to watch, Rennie throws down a 3 up the step-up on a big travel dually :p
2002 Jindabyne according to the title. But it could be wrong, I will do a search for 2003. ;)

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah got that on VHS. Really cool how the idea of a freeride event was stupidly steep rocky sections. Andrew Mills won over Wade Simmons and John Waddell

pocket_cup

Likes Dirt
i walked at that track last year, went past there for a school trip, me and all the other riders in that year all walked down it in awe, like stun mullets:eek::eek::eek: its insane.

and andrew and danny mills both went to my school.

dw-link

Likes Dirt
wow my cuzen lives there and iv been to a fair few tracks nd i never new about that haha, funny we couldnt find them i wonder if there still there :rolleyes::)

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i walked at that track last year, went past there for a school trip, me and all the other riders in that year all walked down it in awe, like stun mullets:eek::eek::eek: its insane.

and andrew and danny mills both went to my school.
Yer we did the same walk to go rock climbing, it was crazy.

It's on the low side of Jindi Dam if anyone was wondering. None of the NS is there but the bare bones of it is.

Bmx101

Likes Bikes
:eek::eek::eek: Thats the most EPIC downhill track i have ever seen in my life. That drop at the end is massive!?

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got those on vhs, so crazy still even these days. In the second one the only go to do that massive big drop was our very own Grant Allen.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is funny you should post this Bush Pig, I was only looking at the AMB edition where it was dedicated to the event.

Sure took you back, looking at all the bikes, components and riders. Was such a good event, a shame there aren't more. There is only the one, which is the rampage and it has only been introduced last year again.

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that is by far the gnarlist DH/FR ive ever seen. ive done some riding in jindabyne before but i never saw that track!

and why have i never heard of this event was it a big deal at the time? and was it a one off or there for a few years

ashka

Squid
Yeah the track is crazy the video doesn't do it justice (like most early dh stuff). I went there in January 05 to have a go at the track (what was left of it). three of us took our bikes up the top to have a go all the wooden stuff was gone but there was still hay bales and stuff around the place it was steep as and over grown ended up riding only about 20 meters it is totally crazy. have some video footage of it will try and find it and put it up. If anyone is keen to check it out there is a road that runs up to the top it goes from behind the access gate that is on the left hand side when heading toward Jindy before you cross the dam. But be aware that the road is pretty vauge in places is more like a track i think it was left by the quad bikes that they used for the redbull rampage.

pocket_cup

Likes Dirt
Thanks because I've never seen that before. Wade Simmons doesn't look ancient, wow. Johnny Waddell riding hardcore sh*t instead of XC Enduro's. This vid is old!

Is there any information on this trail? eg. is it still there today? has anyone got new photo's and/or footage of the track.
na its not, its in jindabine (sp) and heaps overgrown, if youstand at the top you can kinda make out the track.

its and insane track!

Alec ; )