• pike's

Votes: 55 49.5%
  • other

Votes: 11 9.9%

• Total voters

timbo #48 STP

Likes Dirt
which is your favorite/preference.

edit: in reference to dirtjumping and street.

edit:edit: id also like to remind voters, that if you vote for other, id love to know what forks your referring too.

Last edited:

mitch_46

Likes Dirt
i ride argyles and to me they feel better than my mates pikes, as barspin said, if your confused get yourself some pargyles lol.

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll say other because I love Recons they are basically just a QR version of pikes and are heaps light.

alexx23

Likes Dirt
pike's 426. floodgate, u turn, rebound and compression. if you have a fiddle with them for a ride or so, you can get them set up just right, argyles are good, just i think pikes are better forks.

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
pike's 426. floodgate, u turn, rebound and compression. if you have a fiddle with them for a ride or so, you can get them set up just right, argyles are good, just i think pikes are better forks.
Negative

Argyles for street park or dj.
you would only go pikes if you didnt no if you were going to do dj xc of dh, they are an alround fork that go good at anything but arent the best in any particular field.

Also try Manitou Gold labels they feel awesome, are lighter and original but are a bit more higher maintance

timbo #48 STP

Likes Dirt
thanks for all comments. id like to see a massive poll number so we can get a real feel of what the majority of the rotorburner's (farkiners at heart) like.

and yes, the question is in reverence to dirt jumping and street so thanks everyone who has made suggestions souly on that criteria.

Krash

Likes Bikes
id say pikes more adjustability and lighter then argyles
and just to point out pargyle's are stoopid pikes and argyles share the same lower legs its just a internet rumour that they dont.
only reason pros run pargyles is because rockshox want them to market a dirtjumping fork over an all mountain one
kids see the argyle lowers so buy argyles not many people will notice the different coloured stantions
that said
i love my pikes easy to lower, lighter and imo feel so much better then my old 318s

Steve's_Sky1

Likes Dirt
i've ridden on both forks (mates), and i preferred the argyles..saying that once i get enough money i will be putting a set of 318's on my custom build:D

Dirt n Street

Likes Dirt
i would go with argyles as they are purpose built for street/dj.
i have never ridden pikes but i have ridden argyles and i loved them.

imho argyles are poop. the soft spot of travel feels pretty horrible, and the springs feel bad and have a tendancy to break :confused:

id say pike out of the 2 but id rather something different like a 4x or a lowered fox

Jervis

Likes Dirt
Negative

Argyles for street park or dj.
you would only go pikes if you didnt no if you were going to do dj xc of dh, they are an alround fork that go good at anything but arent the best in any particular field.

Also try Manitou Gold labels they feel awesome, are lighter and original but are a bit more higher maintance
I agree^

Argyles definitely for DJ/Park/Street. I've had two sets of Pikes, two sets of Argyles and a set of Pargyles (stupid idea, they share the same lowers). I'm running Argyle 318's lowered to 70mm and they are the best by far.

However, if only they could make a set of Gold Labels that have the reliability/longevity of Argyles/Pikes then they'd be perfect. This due to them feeling so nice! Being very light and looking sick. Too bad bout the snap happy arch and seals that blow as much as an an arctic seal stuck in an igloo with an eskimo...

Sorry for the lame pun.

wootown

Likes Dirt
iv got pikes and they go real great
but hey its up to you man
i also like the u-turn ajustment on pikes

kholden_1992

Likes Dirt
the only reason id go argyles over pikes is cas they come in white

pikes on the other hand feel pretty nice, but iv never riddin argyles before;)

DJ Dude

Likes Dirt
I run pikes and the adjustments come in handy when u've got rough roll-ins and shit like that you mite as spend a little extra and get something you can play around with to suit your style