armour t-shirts, any suggestions?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I have a Dainese Manis Jacket, but want something less bulky with maybe just shoulder pads to wear with an evoc spine protector backpack for trail riding.

Anyone tried the Dainese Trailknit Pro Armour Tee

or the Leatt Shoulder Tee 3DF AirFit Lite?

Anyone made their own with a base layer and bought pads separately?

ForkinGreat

Rugby shoulder pads are pretty good for this sort of thing. Relatively inexpensive too.

I've got something like this: https://www.rebelsport.com.au/p/steeden-sabre-shoulder-pads-M57278801.html?dwvar_M57278801_color=Black / Blue&cgid=REB011405#start=1

It's definitely at the light end of the protection spectrum, and still kinda warm on a summers day, but it's definitely lessened the impact of a few crashes for me.
cheap, sure, but a big gap in the pads right where it would be bad to have a hard impact. just saying. if it works for you, cool.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have the Leatt. The back protector has a wide coverage. Good protection and 3df chest piece. But it does get hot.
Currently trying out Fox baseframe pro.
Much lighter and breathable. Spine protection but not wide coverage, shoulders and elbow guards zip off.
Finding the shoulders don't quite stay exactly where I'd like them to. Might be doing a small zip location mod to correct that, but it's just a personal preference.
My son wears one also.
I might still use the Leatt for DH but for Enduro I like the baseframe pro. I also use the matching knees which I find are enough for trail/enduro but lack hard plastic for serious DH.

Fox also do one called baseframe which doesn't have the spine protector or chest pad, not looked at them closely but might fit the bill if you don't want a back protector?

bloodpuddle

Likes Bikes
cheap, sure, but a big gap in the pads right where it would be bad to have a hard impact. just saying. if it works for you, cool.
Yep. Mine are Canterbury and have a continuous pad on top of the shoulder. Just didn’t see the same model on rebel’s website when I looked.

But either way, hit something with a slim profile or a point, and you’re going to get hurt. Where I’ve had them protect me is in a general arse over tits tumble off the bike and impact with the ground.

ForkinGreat

I've got a Troy Lee 7850 https://www.pushys.com.au/troy-lee-designs-ups-7850-hw-ss-under-armour.html, bought as a knee jerk after breaking my ribs. Was good for getting my confidence back but now only really use it if I'm riding something like Linga Longa in WA. It does get warm, you can remove as many pads as you want though. It's awkward to remove when it's all sweaty!
I tried one of those on at the LBS. fark it was a bitch to get on and off. A zip like some of the leatt armour shirts would be a good idea

Earlysport

Likes Bikes
I have the Leatt airfit shirt without back or chest, just shoulders. It’s great. Not hot and super comfortable. I wore it 9 days straight this year at Whistler and only washed once and it didn’t smell at all. Highly recommended.

ForkinGreat

I have the Leatt airfit shirt without back or chest, just shoulders. It’s great. Not hot and super comfortable. I wore it 9 days straight this year at Whistler and only washed once and it didn’t smell at all. Highly recommended.
That Leatt shoulders only mesh shirt looks ok. What is the sizing like? is it true to size or does it run big or small for a given size?
it's that or the
Dainese trailknit pro-armour tee, I think

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Check the IXS carve armour.

Can’t remember if it’s called the IXS Carve Jersey ... and Flow Jersey.
We’ve been carrying these for a little while now. The difference between the two is that the Carve has a full length back protector with Xmatter impact foam as well as shoulder pads.

The aero mesh breaths very well.