Article: The Culture of Mountain Biking Has Gone Astray

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
yep, bendigo race is one thing, wait till you yangs gets cut off to mtb, prob one of the 2 (lysty) most ridden places in vic..land managers are jumping ship to quieter pastimes
So what's the beef for a land manager if the trail systems are already set up and functional?
I would imagine a place like You Yangs shouldn't cause them much heart-ache?
Once a year they have a trail maintenance weekend. So what?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
...wait till you yangs gets cut off to mtb, prob one of the 2 (lysty) most ridden places in vic..land managers are jumping ship to quieter pastimes
Ohhh... that would be a massive hit to VIC.

On the upside, after 10yrs of zero new trails or basically anything, Forrest is trying to make a comeback, they are looking some support to get $4.15 million funding for the Forrest MTB Detailed Design Plan.

Click and fill in your support >>> https://www.visitotways.com/ride-forrest/support-page/

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
yep, bendigo race is one thing, wait till you yangs gets cut off to mtb, prob one of the 2 (lysty) most ridden places in vic..land managers are jumping ship to quieter pastimes
Where the heck are you getting your Intel from? You Yangs cut off to mtb?

poita

Likes Dirt
LOL. The You Yang's being closed to MTB. One of the best ill informed rumours of 2019. Keep it up!

Heaps of mad endubros everywhere. Endubros won't hang around long, something else cooler will come along. Better to hate on GiSpeshMeriCanonbike overlords for spending heaps on advertising in gullible markets. They'll find another shiny thing and we can repair and hide all the trails again.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Where the heck are you getting your Intel from? You Yangs cut off to mtb?
won’t happen this year, perhaps 2022 onwards, parks have released a draft plan for site, its to be turned into a special cultural/koori heritage area..mtb doesn’t fit with this or rate a mention in the document.

mark22

Likes Dirt
All this culture of Mountain Bike stuff is a laugh to me really being such a young sport and all, surprised me there is an established culture. I am just out for fun and going downhill is where the fun starts for me.

XC is bit lost on me, if I was a shuttle operator in Derby I would be value adding by offering down shuttles for them as some of em spend their time riding up to the top of Atlas..
But it's all just part of MTB'ing Inc ebikes, best not to get all too serious about it. Imho.

moorey

call me Mia
won’t happen this year, perhaps 2022 onwards, parks have released a draft plan for site, its to be turned into a special cultural/koori heritage area..mtb doesn’t fit with this or rate a mention in the document.
I don’t think you are correct on this.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
The plan is for a totally different part of the You Yangs park.
I don’t think you are correct on this.
Difficult to say, but @moorey is right.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
All this culture of Mountain Bike stuff is a laugh to me really being such a young sport and all, surprised me there is an established culture. I am just out for fun and going downhill is where the fun starts for me.

XC is bit lost on me, if I was a shuttle operator in Derby I would be value adding by offering down shuttles for them as some of em spend their time riding up to the top of Atlas..
But it's all just part of MTB'ing Inc ebikes, best not to get all too serious about it. Imho.
Nah sorry mate, tribalism is needed here. Pick a side and bitch about it.

Us vs. them for ever as long as I’m on the right side.

nathanm

Eats Squid
That story is the biggest load of shite. Old mate whinging because people don't ride "like he does".
Ride how you want, when you want I say. We used to complain about being a minority and "walkers" being given all the trail access.
Now that everyone rides we have trails and parks popping up all over the place but this guy just pisses and moans about how busy it is now and he can't ride in peace.
Dude, move to Tassie, well hobart in particularly. Still plenty of rides you can do where you will scarcely see another rider, oh and mountains, yeah we've got mountains.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I think you maybe missed this part of the story?

As I labored up the grade, breath ragged and sweat stinging my eyes, I was passed by a virtually endless stream of diesel dualies, #vanlifers, and mini motorhomes, seemingly all with a pile of bikes hanging off their back ends. Shards of music pierced the air as each motored past, puffs of cigarette and dope smoke escaped the windows, there was even a (potentially unrelated?) stereotypical Red Bull can in the gutter adjacent to the steepest bit.
Nothing to be proud of there.

And this is everywhere. The motor vehicle encourages behaviour change.