Arvo ride at Old Mans Valley - Hornsby

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
i cant get enough of this, i think ive watched it about 5 or 6 times on my own today and showed it to half a dozen people as well. even made me go for a pedal around OMV, i think i saw you there this arvo with the KGS riders at least i think i did. who was the young lad in the Bilt shirt who gapped the bridge only to scrub out into that right hand corner and go skidding along the dirt? dusted himself off like it wasn't even a thing ;)

ogjon

Likes Dirt
Ride or drive to quarry rd Hornsby. Park down the end. There is a big signboard with a full map at the trail entrance.
thank you very much, I'm from up near Newcastle but keen to bring my Giant Trance down for a ride some time

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Don't sweat it on the discussion over the dogs this has brought up Oli... Seems knobmob and facelessbook is firing up over it!

Maybe train your awesome pups to bark strava, then there would be no problems!
there is plenty more than dogs to worry about while riding... It is bushland after all. I've come across a dozen wallabies and other critters while riding omv, ride in control and don't be so worried about your strava times and you will be sweet, plus the synergy guys who actually built the trail had a dog there all the time during construction, never heard anyone complain about him hanging out on the trail with the guys. If you want to refill it ill dress up in a dog suit and run behind you for laughs.... Actually this has given me an idea

Last edited:

T.3

Likes Dirt
Foxpuppy weren't you the guy who got a bit agitated about people disobeying the parking signs? But disobeying the no unleashed dog signs?

Just saying........

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Foxpuppy weren't you the guy who got a bit agitated about people disobeying the parking signs? But disobeying the no unleashed dog signs?

Just saying........
Yeah that's right, personally I've never seen a sign saying no dogs or heard anything against them before this video but plenty of info is out there on the parking situation.
I've also seen plenty of non riders walking dogs down on the Firetrail leashed and unleashed.

Here is a copy of the trail sign info

And parking signs

Ample parking area

Just saying.....

;)

T.3

Likes Dirt
The sign is at the top of the fire trail. It is the usual council sign, including no unleashed dogs. It sticks out like dogs balls.

single-track-mind

Likes Dirt
Bloody knobmobers absolutely flamed me the last time I was on their site because I had a dog with me in the bush.

Last edited:

Balfa_Oli

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks Fox Puppet for the comment. I honestly had no idea - in relation to the signs for dogs because i never have entered by going down the fire trail.
Thanks for the positive comments and the few negatives. All in all i really enjoyed filming with Will and the dogs, it added a really cool aspect which has not only seen the video go viral Aus wide but on pinkbike and a couple of international sites too.
Pretty cool for our local trails!

But for those worried about running in to a dog on the track, now i know - it won't be mine you have to worry about.

Oli

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Haha no probs mate, that video just got me so stoked to ride... I had to say something.
Congrats on the 2nd place at Stromlo.... Must have been all that chilled riding getting you into the zone!

Ozkaban

Likes Dirt
Love the video.

OMV is the only trail I've ridden to date but it's pretty well set up.

I reckon Hornsby Cycles who are just near the track head would be doing well in MTB bits and repairs at the moment...

beak_hunter

Likes Bikes
This is epic work by all. Almost (or maybe did) inspire me to get off my fat arse and create something.

Did you guys purposely shoot on a cloudy day so image didn't get washed out?

Get a dog up ya.

Brown trout. I'm out.