International Ashes Challenge

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I’m throwing my hat in the Great Cycle Challenge this year. Limited time so aiming for 400km on the mountain bike with a mix of commuting and actual mountain biking.

I know you’ve all got plenty of mates doing this sort of stuff, but if anyone can spare a few dollars to the cause I’d appreciate.

https://greatcyclechallenge.com.au/Riders/BrettAshby

And if I hit $500 donations I’ll do a Moorey 6hr (so more like 7+hrs) up at Kalamunda somewhere…

PS - checked the scales this morning and I’m at 107 kegs, up 11 from the start of the year so this won’t be easy for me.

Last edited:

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Some personal stats to put this in context:

Total km on bike for 2021

And my body weight trajectory…

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
By all means lose weight….but I’m riding a shit ton, getting a lot fitter, but weight hasn’t dropped.
Health and fitness is the goal, weight doesn’t worry me except for when I’m dragging it up hill. Doing this and starting training/playing AFL 9’s so I’d be shocked if I didn’t end up lighter.

And injured.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
As I’ve anointed this as an international challenge, I’ve decided to start this thing at 12.01am Kiribati time (+14GMT). Works out to 6.01pm Thursday in the best State, and an expected break in the rain for damp trails. I’ll be fucked if I’m starting this thing with a commute.