Atheist's, what got you to your atheism?

Cropduster

Likes Dirt
What got me to my Atheism?

common sense.

I Know it's offensive to the suckers......err believers of the "good" book, but really, what a load of make believe fairy dust spreading crap. Jesus may well have existed, just as charles manson does, the Bagwan Rajneesh does, and that kook who encouraged all his followers to commit suicide in Waco did, they're all the same, charismatic cult leaders, Jesus was just better at it, and what amazes me more than anything is there are so many versions of the same theme. The catholic church is the biggest money making machine on the planet, bar none, all done with smoke and mirrors, threats, intimidation and brainwashing.

What a crock, we're born, we live, we die. once dead we rot in the ground or get burnt to a crisp, there's no afterlife, no ultimate overseer, and frankly i'm amazed that religious people who play sport expect "god" to watch over them and ensure their success, like he doesn't have more important things to worry about! arrogant self centred fools.

this guy knows what he's talking about.

https://youtu.be/o4prBWqOGdM

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I see these 2 as mutually exclusive. You either completely reject the notion of a god, or you can say that's it's unknowable.
Interested how you mate two?
According to Wikipedia its a thing!

Call it a bet each way...whilst not giving a fuck in the meantime.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
What got me to my Atheism?

common sense.

I Know it's offensive to the suckers......err believers of the "good" book, but really, what a load of make believe fairy dust spreading crap. Jesus may well have existed, just as charles manson does, the Bagwan Rajneesh does, and that kook who encouraged all his followers to commit suicide in Waco did, they're all the same, charismatic cult leaders, Jesus was just better at it, and what amazes me more than anything is there are so many versions of the same theme. The catholic church is the biggest money making machine on the planet, bar none, all done with smoke and mirrors, threats, intimidation and brainwashing.

What a crock, we're born, we live, we die. once dead we rot in the ground or get burnt to a crisp, there's no afterlife, no ultimate overseer, and frankly i'm amazed that religious people who play sport expect "god" to watch over them and ensure their success, like he doesn't have more important things to worry about! arrogant self centred fools.

this guy knows what he's talking about.

https://youtu.be/o4prBWqOGdM
Haha - love that last paragraph .

When you have the slightest comprehension of how extraordinarily large the universe is, it becomes a certainty that it's full of life, and what arrogance for puny humans to think that if there was an omnipotent God of the universe that he would give a flying fuck about the underdeveloped, ignorant tossers on Earth.

At least the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't pretend to care

moorey

call me Mia
According to Wikipedia its a thing!

Call it a bet each way...whilst not giving a fuck in the meantime.
Young Earth Creationism is a 'thing' on Wikipedia also.

It's like Pascals wager, but an Atheist version maybe. I never said you were wrong, btw, I just said I didn't think the two could coexist, and asked your reasoning behind it.

Last edited:

pharmaboy

Eats Squid

It's like Pascals eager, but an Atheist version maybe. I never said you were wrong, btw, I just said I didn't think the two could coexist, and asked your reasoning behind it.
See, I told you.......

I blame amateur philosophers

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say

It's like Pascals eager, but an Atheist version maybe. I never said you were wrong, btw, I just said I didn't think the two could coexist, and asked your reasoning behind it.
They can't coexist...except they can. Frankly, I don't like either label and I don't like saddling myself with them either but the truth is I suspect they have some value together. Hopefully they cancel each other out?

There are no Gods. But I can't prove it. And neither can anyone else. But there are no Gods. Does that work for anyone except me?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Q. What got you to your Atheism ?

A. How can anyone believe in their religion when their highest leaders rape kids. I have heard many stories as a kid, obviously now very believable.

I have my own religion.

Root everything that you're not related to and at the right age.

Only steal from government departments.

Always believe in Karma, Always! Saves you from smacking peoples heads in and possibly seeing Bubba in the big house.

Everything else is open slather, Booze, Drugs, Hookers and Etc.. Enter at own risk clause.

P.S. Must ride mountain bike at least 3 times a week.

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
I never believed the bullshit stories and myths. The first Zeitgeist movie really helped me put my thoughts into words. My favourite meme is the picture of the dinosaurs saying, "which way to the ark?".

John U

MTB Precision
Haha - love that last paragraph .
You'll love this then.
http://www.theshovel.com.au/2016/02...-task-of-selecting-this-years-grammy-winners/

Flow-Rider

Burner
I never believed the bullshit stories and myths. The first Zeitgeist movie really helped me put my thoughts into words. My favourite meme is the picture of the dinosaurs saying, "which way to the ark?".
The blokes that I know actually signed some type of disclaimer back in 1990s and received some sort of compensation, it was around $2000, the government and other party knew what was coming. I can't remember the legal terminology used for the disclaimer. All this happened at a juvenile boys home run by the Catholic Church. Even seen two of the blokes I knew on a Q&A segment about it.

Three

Likes Bikes
I often remember thoughts that I had a child that now seem very adult. One was about how I thought religion was flawed.

I was raised without any religion, but thought I believed in god and I guess it was because it is all around us, soooooo I guess I believe it too.

But at some point during childhood I had one of these "adult thoughts" along the lines of "how can anyone hope to understand infinity?". I knew there were scientists who studied the universe and had an amazing understanding of how it works, but how can the human brain truly know what infinity is?

So from that point on it became obvious to me what religion was... Mankind trying to understand and make sense of something of the incomprehensable. I cant make sense of the universe and dont pretend to know, AKA, Atheism.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
The scientists and archaeologists are all in allegiance and are making up fake stories about evolution to prove how gullible people are.
God is real, you will all go to hell.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
The scientists and archaeologists are all in allegiance and are making up fake stories about evolution to prove how gullible people are.
Theyre in cahoots with all those climate change fraudsters... Only God can change the weather.

slowmick

38-39"
Mate and his wife were called to a meeting at the school for his son. Teacher wanted them to take their son out of the religious ed class. Apparently he had been causing disruption in the class by drawing pictures of Zombie Jesus. In his mind, if you die and rise again you are a zombie...

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll add, that while I think it all could be possible, however remotely unlikely, I do like the idea of the afterlife/heaven or whatever (not hell though, that'd be bad). While i think it's bs, I'll get one hell of kick if when I croak I wake up somewhere else, be it fluffy clouds and virgins, or endless singletrack or just ascend to some higher, know-it-all being... that'll be great.

but i don't expect that to be the case.

moorey

call me Mia
I'll add, that while I think it all could be possible, however remotely unlikely, I do like the idea of the afterlife/heaven or whatever (not hell though, that'd be bad). While i think it's bs, I'll get one hell of kick if when I croak I wake up somewhere else, be it fluffy clouds and virgins, or endless singletrack or just ascend to some higher, know-it-all being... that'll be great.

but i don't expect that to be the case.
We all go to the same place...its just that in hell, you ride a 29"