Atherton Tablelands

indica

Serial flasher
FYI - Richocet, the new downward pointing trail IS NOT FINISHED. Don't be cunts and fucking ride it.
No more not finished track photos as a result.

It doesn't make things any better if you ride the track now instead of waiting until it is done. Pretend the track is not there.

In other news, World Trail were scoping new lines for the inner loop from Ridgey today. Sounds exciting.
So lucky living here, and with the expansion of Smithy's and the World Cups coming.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
FYI - Richocet, the new downward pointing trail IS NOT FINISHED. Don't be cunts and fucking ride it.
What's all this about then??

We are planning to come up last weekend this month to ride baldy and some other stuff. Trying to heal up in time. Would be cool if the new one is finished, but happy to ride RD otherwise (if I get there)

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not much, apart from what is stated.
Don't know if the track will be done, cows keep riding it. Useless bovines.

Saw your threads about crashing, hope you get better mate. Was it on the 29er?
I couldn't see a post where he was talking about riding it was why I asked?? 100% agree however.

And, yes it was on the Bandit. Wasn't anything to do with wheel size but. Clipped my bars on a tree on an overgrown section and got spun around backwards and used my hip as a brake on a big rock. Luckily nothing broken, but heaps of swelling and giant haematoma on my hip. Didn't realise it, but also tore a vein and bled internally for a few days. All that blood ended up in my groin.

Not a good look....

indica

Serial flasher
I couldn't see a post where he was talking about riding it was why I asked?? 100% agree however.

And, yes it was on the Bandit. Wasn't anything to do with wheel size but.
Spoke to Glen today...

Further to fall?

Hope you're okay, hip stuff is fucked. Especially when you are built like an old woman.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hope you're okay, hip stuff is fucked. Especially when you are built like an old woman.
I think that is a little inaccurate.

Frail old woman would a little closer to the truth :) I am a little surprised I didn't actually snap in half...

indica

Serial flasher
World Trail said:
The start of a section called Bermfields, in Atherton.

World Trail said:
High in the cloud covered ranges in Atherton, sits a fun descent, called Ricochet. This particular shot shows a line into a section favourably named "Bermfield" with dozens of huge berms clinging to the mountain ridge.

World Trail said:
The township of Atherton, on the Atherton Tablelands in Northern Australia has been home to our trail crew for a couple of months now, while designing and building some fun trails in the mountains.
The most significant build so far has been a descending Blue trail with "Black Diamond attachments".
This particular trail, codenamed "Ricochet" or "Rick O'Shay" is a XC hybrid DH, which will cater to a wide range of skilled riders on a wide range of bikes.
We expect the Land Managers to erect signposts in the coming days, for an opening this Saturday afternoon at 2pm. Ricochet is a 2.4 klm shuttle-able track, falling around 300 metres, littered with massive berms, options, rollers and jumps.

indica

Serial flasher
Trails opened today.

Holy crap, freakin awesome trail, massive burms, fast flowing, some do able black gaps,but big air at speed, fast AD def up lift trail, you are all going to cream, best trail I have ridden x10 outside of rotarua. Now to ride back up

I didn't try Ricochet as it was very busy and my kids were there. I did however ride Evan On Earth - a rather tidy blue graded XC trail. Also the reworked Rocky Python which has benefited from some corner remodelling.

indica

Serial flasher
Awesomely fun track. Don't need a DH bike but it is still fun with one - who doesn't love riding a big bike.
Highlight was shuttles with my 8 year old son. Wicked!

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesomely fun track. Don't need a DH bike but it is still fun with one - who doesn't love riding a big bike.
Highlight was shuttles with my 8 year old son. Wicked!
Incredible trails.... Except for 1 bloody left hand off camber corner towards the bottom.. After all these beaut big berms, you come across a off camber dusty corner which tightens...:violin:

Nice to see you again......Good to see the family out and about..

After you left, I thought that my daughter was taking a bit too long to come down... so I rode/walked back up a bit to see her walking the bike with her helmet in 2 pieces...:faint2:

She said she tried to jump a rock, and then did the biggest superman that she has ever done! Few grazes ,but she is ok.. Even a 12yr old can enjoy the trails ! Until they crash that is...

indica

Serial flasher
Until they crash that is...
Glad to hear your daughter is okay.
Went back the next day and my kids had 6 runs each.
I don't mind the sketchy off camber - there are two sections - makes for a bit of a challenge.
Rode with a fast 14 year old who was showing me all the sneaky lines...