Aurum

tumble

Likes Dirt
@ scblack & tumble

Thanks guys for the feedback. Its the little things I guess that all add to a fine ride!
Cheers fella's
True that.
Exactly why I'll be throwing on new Chunked Ti axle custom raw pedals & a 400g lighter tyreset in the coming weeks. New weight should then be 16.5ish kg with no loss of reliability.

scblack

Leucocholic
True that.
Exactly why I'll be throwing on new Chunked Ti axle custom raw pedals & a 400g lighter tyreset in the coming weeks. New weight should then be 16.5ish kg with no loss of reliability.
Wow that's light, they look like such a nice bike. A big step up from my 2009 Aline Park with Bos fork.

tumble

Likes Dirt
Now well under 17kg & that's as far as I'm prepared to go. I could throw more money at it & drop another half a kilo but you lose too much rolling momentum & stability IMO.

Sanders.

Likes Dirt
Is that CCDB Air still holding its own? Pretty interested in giving it a shot and want to know if it will hold out. It's a nice bike too. Should throw some Teams or WC's on, or even, 888 evo Ti, I have them and they are boss!

doakwolf

Likes Bikes
Gorgeous Aurum, mate!

I'd be super interested to know how the CCDB air feels on this frame. I just picked up an Aurum1 and am happy with it in its stock state. Spent too much money on custom builds lately haha! Kinda jealous of this one though!

Enjoy riding! :D

tumble

Likes Dirt
Is that CCDB Air still holding its own? Pretty interested in giving it a shot and want to know if it will hold out. It's a nice bike too. Should throw some Teams or WC's on, or even, 888 evo Ti, I have them and they are boss!
Definitely is holding its own. Cane Creek have managed to make an air sprung version of their already super reliable DB coil.

Gorgeous Aurum, mate!
I'd be super interested to know how the CCDB air feels on this frame. I just picked up an Aurum1 and am happy with it in its stock state. Spent too much money on custom builds lately haha! Kinda jealous of this one though!
Enjoy riding! :D
The Aurums ride pretty damn good standard thanks to the FSR. Track amazingly over rough terrain & through rough turns stay well balanced & predictable but the Double Barrel takes the feel to another level. I'm definitely able to push the bike beyond a level where previously I would have been in trouble. I'm sure the DB coil would give a similar level of performance but the air is the basically newer technology & helps keep the weight down without loosing reliability.

doakwolf

Likes Bikes
Very interesting. Thanks for the update.

I have a Vivid Air in my ReignX and love the sh!t out of it! Cannot believe the difference between it and my Fox air shox and imagine the CCDB air is even better!

Keep shredding!