Grips - Rental medium compound
Saddle - Nukeproof Ti
Seatpost - Norco (rawed & cut)
Front brake - Elixir 5
Rear brake - Elixir 5
Cranks - FSA
Chainguide - e13
Chain - SRAM PG991
Pedals - heavy Straitlines (awaiting Chunked Ti protos)
Derailleur - SRAM XO
Shifter - SRAM X7
Cassette - SRAM PG970 converted to 5 speed
Front hub - Novatec DH61SB
Rear hub - Novatec DH82SB-SS
Front rim - Sun
Rear rim - Sun
Tyres - Maxxis Minion UST front & Highroller LUST rear
Tubes - Podium lube prototype UST sealant
Total weight - 16.82kg (down from the stock 18.15kg)

side.jpg

scale.JPG

rear.jpg

Last edited:
wow very very nice,
I am seriously thinking about getting one of them and i think i have made my mind up of what to get.
Could you give us a ride report about the bike and compare it to what ever bike you had before this one? It would be much apriciated
Thanks i hope you like it

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
also keen on a ride report.

i ear mega low front and on yours it seems even lower with no stack!

tumble

Likes Dirt
also keen on a ride report.

i ear mega low front and on yours it seems even lower with no stack!
I have the bike prepped for Beerburrum which is relatively flat, so I'm going to see how it goes without any stack. I generally run the front end slammed because the tracks I ride regularly aren't steep at all. I'll run spacers for steeper tracks if needed.

Spotty

Likes Dirt
Veerry nice, the colour scheme is brilliant.... good thing you took a photo of it, I don't think it will ever be that clean again! :p

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Looks fantastic, even better is that dog eyeing up your tyres( he is thinking to himself, if i take a quick piss, he wont notice), great lookin bike though!

rone

Eats Squid
Norco's long travel bike design has been a bit confronting (awful) the last few years but they've turned that around with this. Awesome looking bike with an overall look of 'just right'.

Have fun.

tumble

Likes Dirt
Very nice bike!
How tall are You and How do You feel on it?
I'm 6'2" & it feels spot on for a large. It'd suit any rider over 6 foot.

Quick ride report from today:
The conditions today were terrible, about as muddy as possible so it made getting a true feel for the bike difficult because without mud tyres every corner the bike was drifting slightly rather than tracking solidly.
I'll have to post up a better ride report once I've ridden some dry grippy trails & got the DB Air dialed properly.

CCDB air

Mate, super keen to know what the Cane Creek Double Barrel Air is like, does it feel as plush as their coil shocks.
If so might have to get my hands on one.

Cheers mate

tumble

Likes Dirt
Mate, super keen to know what the Cane Creek Double Barrel Air is like, does it feel as plush as their coil shocks.
If so might have to get my hands on one.

Cheers mate
Plush is an understatement. I haven't ridden a DB coil to compare but I can't imagine a plusher & more responsive shock. I had the chance to ride a full day & make slight tweaks to the settings on Sunday on the long Kenilworth track & it just felt better with every adjustment. All terrain from small bumps to big holes were soaked up without argument. It has a bit to do with the FSR suspension platform mating up well with the DB Air but I've never felt so confident on a bike. I even have a mate now considering swapping over from his Vivid Air. Don't be deterred by the rumours that they are difficult to setup as Cane Creek in most cases have already worked out the base settings for Double Barrels so you can get them in the ballpark settings for most new bikes.
If you have the chance to get one, do it.

walkietalkie

Likes Dirt
I have the bike prepped for Beerburrum which is relatively flat, so I'm going to see how it goes without any stack. I generally run the front end slammed because the tracks I ride regularly aren't steep at all. I'll run spacers for steeper tracks if needed.
Tumble, please teach this old bloke what you mean by "front end slammed" and "run spacers" for steeper tracks?
Looking at a 2012 Aurum.....either that or an aline 2008. mmm

scblack

Leucocholic
Tumble, please teach this old bloke what you mean by "front end slammed" and "run spacers" for steeper tracks?
Slammed means setting the bars as low as possible. On a flat track it means more direct steering, less flex. A lower overall front end.

Run spacers means he is adding a couple of spacers under the stem to raise the bars. On a steep track it evens your weight a bit and means you are not putting your weight completely over the front wheel as much.

tumble

Likes Dirt
Just refers to lifting the cockpit up or down with the use or lack of headset spacers under the top crown or stem. Perfect example of a steep track setup:
1298566575182-1ouqay3qvand9-670-70.jpg
Also sliding the forks stanchions down as low as possible in the crowns raises the cockpit slightly.

Last edited: