AusCycling doesn't just hate MTB...

Mattyp

Cows go boing
for what you pay, getting 50% of your usual income is actually a really good deal. Normal IP cover only pays up to 75% and the cost is usually several thousand a year depending on how much cover you hold. They to, require you to use up all your paid sick leave and an agreed waiting period (whichever is greater) before you can claim.
Yeah it's 50% upto a maximum of $500/week I think.
It's a bit shit, but better than nothing especially if you're self employed, with no sick leave.
I had to weigh up using my 'proper' Income protection vs theirs when I broke my scaphoid, would have got more with my Income Protection, but the premium would have almost certainly gone up a lot more... and considering it was not a long term injury I just went with the Auscycling one.
Like you say it's good for how much you pay for it.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Out of curiosity I just looked up what an off-road racing membership costs for one adult. $204, over $70 more than I last paid for MTBA racing membership in 2019. Even a non-racing membership costs more (only $4, but still....) than the old $130 MTBA race membership. They can ram that sideways up their corrupt arse!

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Out of curiosity I just looked up what an off-road racing membership costs for one adult. $204, over $70 more than I last paid for MTBA racing membership in 2019. Even a non-racing membership costs more (only $4, but still....) than the old $130 MTBA race membership. They can ram that sideways up their corrupt arse!
Those UCI officialdom "study tours" don't pay for themselves, you know ;)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
If you are over 19yrs old, it's $244 for race off-road adult + compulsory club at $25 + the applied $35 levy at checkout. $304.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Do we need the insurance if thats whats costing the most with licensing?

levy? Whats that for?
Insurance levy.

Just seen the $35 is included in the $244 but you still add $25 for club membership.

Does anyone use the 'lifestyle' one? What if your a volunteer but doing the sweep laps?
I had to get the free membership to be a Race Commissaire.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Insurance levy.

Just seen the $35 is included in the $244 but you still add $25 for club membership.

How many times can i change my name to get a trial license for the short dh season?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Insurance levy.

And Mrs George has to have it to be Club President

Edit: has to have at least the free one to be Pres

Last edited:

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Its bullshit for families that ride.
Yep - all up for a 9 race series for 5 of us it'll costs us $1590 ish - I'll continue to pay it tho as
1) it's an activity we can do as a family
2) the more participation the MTB club has the more ammo it has to keep our small 'official' trails open (and dream that they extend them, I'd love to see the Golden Triangle epic start again)